“Great roadtrip stop”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stopped here on a recent roadtrip with our family of 3 and enjoyed our stay. This is in a great location, right off the 99, but quiet enough that you don't hear traffic going by. Hotel is new, clean, and comfortable. There are lots of food choices nearby (within a few miles drive), as well as a Starbucks & Subway across the street. Double Queen Room was spacious enough for 3 of us (2 adults +toddler). Breakfast was included, and had lots of choices of hot and cold foods. Plenty of parking. Great place to stop and get a decent night's sleep and good breakfast before hitting the road again. We love Hampton Inn/Hilton as a family-friendly chain. Definitely recommend!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Really liked this hotel and it is now one of our Favorites! Nice suites; large and very modern and clean. Swimming pool is outdoors and very refreshing in the 104 degree heat! Front desk very helpful and friendly. Very good price with AARP. Good breakfast with varied items for all diets. Highly recommend this hotel right off Hwy 99 in Central California, one hour from Kings Canyon NP. You'll love this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose top floor (4) so no noise above you and request an 'end suite', which is larger. We...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This Hampton stood out from other Hamptons that I have recently visited, in that the staff/manager went above and beyond the norm. The manager and his staff host a "managers reception", Monday through Wednesday nights, which includes beer, wine, non alcoholic beverages, and appetizers. During my visit, the manager and his staff were there to greet the tired business travelers. Towards the end of this guest reception period, I asked if they had any more water, which they did not have right there. I was fine with this and sat back down. A minute later a staff brought me a bottled water from the snack bar area. This, along with the overall hospitality of the staff, made my stay much more notable than the other recent hotels that I have stayed.
This Hampton, similar to some of the other Hamptons, is conveniently located next to the highway, which also means that you get a small amount of freeway noise. I visited during the summer so the air conditioning was running almost continually, which drowns the traffic out. The room was clean and had the typical three-star/Hampton feel. The gym equipment was in good working condition and had enough equipment for the small number of patrons getting in some exercise. I would definitely stay at this Hampton again.

Room Tip: Stay on the freeway side (the freeway noise isn't that noticeable), not the train side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel was a decent value for the price. The room was very clean, the checkin clerk was friendly and helpful, and other amenities were fair. Everything here is on a very small scale for a Hampton hotel. Not very many rooms ( which really shouldn't matter) Very small outdoor pool area ( which was closed for the weekend in late July!- not sure why), tiny fitness center (worked for me because I got there at around 6:30 a.m.) and breakfast definitely left something to be desired. At around 8 a.m., it was swamped. There were not enough tables and chairs to accommodate the huge crowd of at least 50. Ran out of all fruit even though breakfast was supposed to be served until 10. One poor employee seemed like she was the only one there restocking EVERYTHING! No wonder the "hot" portion of the breakfast was cold. I did not bring this issue up to hotel management because it was obvious! I will look for another hotel next time we are out this way.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

When we arrived we were greeted warmly. The room was spacious and clean. I like have a frig. and microwave in the room. I booked online, after booking I was reviewing my reservation and noticed I booked the wrong dates. I called reservations and they made the corrections over the phone with no hassle. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Greeted warmly, and the staff was professional and efficient. Room was very quiet and clean, and nicely furnished room. Room was clean, odor free, and well maintained. I would gladly stay here again in the future, should I be in Fresno.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near US 99, but a drive is required to get to more businesses and restaurants, etc. In other words, the area is sparse. The breakfast was average, but then it was complimentary so one should be cautious of complaining. I found the room to be quiet even though my room faced the highway. Friendly front desk staff!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo