“Good Stay With Right Room Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Concord, California
“Good Stay With Right Room Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is actually a nice newer Hampton Inn that just happens to be sandwiched between Hwy 99 and busy train tracks. I have stayed here a few times and I've never found the freeway noise to be problematic, but there's no getting away from the rumble and horns of the frequent trains passing through. At least once I could feel the vibration as a train passed by, though this was the exception rather than the norm. I had no problem sleeping. Light sleepers might want to consider putting on some white noise on the clock radio or using earplugs. The train noise isn't super bad but it is definitely there and frequent.

Beyond the potential noise issue for some staying at this hotel, it really is well-situated with easy freeway access and shopping and restaurants not far away. The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and helpful, the breakfast as good as it gets at a Hampton (i.e., so-so but decent 'you get what you pay for' food), the beds are great as far as I'm concerned, and all else was good and on par with what I expect from this brand.

I stayed in a King Studio suite. This hotel uses the design that has the built-in desk dividing the bed from the sitting area in the room. It worked for me and was very functional for getting work done. I personally like this layout, though some may prefer a more open floor plan. The internet is relatively fast for a Hampton with about 1.9 mbps download speeds during my stay. I like having wired ethernet as an option. The TV is small but an OK flat panel. Channel selection was very average.

The price was good and I felt like I got good value for my stay. For the noise sensitive, you would probably do better with a room on the freeway side. The trains may be less frequent than trucks or loud motorcycles but they certainly can't be missed when they pass through, much more so if you are on the tracks side of the hotel.

I definitely recommend this hotel. For me, external noise wasn't all that bad and wasn't a deal killer. This is a particularly good choice for a road trip stopover. For a longer-term stay I might seek a neighborhood with better ambiance.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rocklin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Although this is a new hotel with double pain windows it sits right in between the highway or the train tracks so there is no getting away from the noise. The first night I spent on the freeway side and all I heard during the night was trucks and cars zooming by all night. The expansion joints in the freeway made for lots of traffic noise and I might have slept 2-3 hours.

The next day when I asked the clerk to move to the other side, he told me there is noise from trains passing by. However, as I told him they are consistent like the freeway noise. That night while I did hear the train whistles on occasion they we nothing like the freeway side. If I was to stay there again, I would definitely stay on the train noise side.

Other than that, the hotel was nice since it was new and the staff had very good customer service.

Room Tip: If you have trouble sleeping because of excessive constant freeway noise or an occasional train horn...
SF, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Overall my room and hotel was clean and updated. Beds & pillows were comfy. Front desk staff was friendly. But breakfast did not have fresh fruit mix as at the other Hamptons that I stayed and the juices taste watered down. Not much in the immediate area.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I will start off by saying the hotel was nice & typical of other Hamptons . Clean room , nice linen , comfy beds & clean bathrooms ! Breakfast was ok , like the various coffee's ! Now for the bad ! I have a co-worker who stays there & is locked in at a special rate ! Now I show up & mention this to girl at desk & she say's she cannot give me that rate , has to be through the GM . I am a co-worker & work for the same company & cannot get that rate . Now for the kicker , I asked what kind of discount can I get , a corporate rate , commercial driver , triple a ? I got some discount , so I asked her what would be the grand total and she gave me a quote . Next day at checkout there was an excess 15 dollar tourism tax ! What the heck ? Why was I not given the total when I asked ? Was it her first day on the job . Just lost a potential customer & telling the rest of my co-workers to stay away ! Thanks for nothing Jameelah .

Room Tip: Rooms facing east away from freeway are more quiet .
1 Thank bunky-68
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback for your stay. Your account has been credited back for the rate difference. We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest. Please feel free to contact us for any questions or concerns.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Enjoyed the stay at the Hampton. Very restful during a busy weekend for my son's band competition for which we were help to chaperone. The band stayed elsewhere about 20 minutes away but the Hampton is one of the closest hotels to the site of the competition at Koligian stadium. Great breakfast and comfortable and clean rooms. The bed was great and I fell asleep almost immediately.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month and, as with most Hampton Inns, it was excellent. My daughter's name is Kathryn, so I enjoyed sending her a picture of the street sign! This one is a bit north of town but it's right on the 99 so easy to get to...and there is a restaurant (Yukon Jack's I think?) and a Starbucks next door, handy.

Oxnard, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I had no issues booking this room online. Once I got there there were no issues. The person in the front did warn me that there were trains constantly passing by but did offer me the choice of a room facing train tracks or freeway. One thing that I was not able to figure out is how to close the blinds to keep the light out but nothing major since it wasn't super bright. The noise was not bad either. Only hiccup was a power outage (3rd party at fault) which I thought would hinder me more than I thought. Hotel staff was very helpful and apologetic and I was not charged for that night. I'd def stay there again if I needed to stay in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends