“Wedding Day Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Wedding Day Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Came to California from North Carolina to have my Wedding in Yosemite. I knew nothing about the area. Staff was very Helpful with Info on where to go for Marriage license, flowers and food. Room was Very clean and comfortable. Staff allowed us to have a late check out (2PM) so we could get the last minute running around done before we headed Yosemite

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Ramon, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

nice hotel but terrible location unless you like constant freeway noise or trains blowing the horn until 12:30 am. The room I was in had a constant fan type sound coming from the bathroom that was not corrected after I complained.

1 Thank whs7
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest. We are very sorry that the location of the hotel was not to your liking. We try our best to overcome this train and freeway noise obstacle by offering ear plugs to our guests that are light sleepers.

Also, the noise in the bathroom was caused due to "commercial contiuous air barrier" which is a fire/building code for commercial buildings. The hotel bathroom doors are designed to close automatically but I noticed that your bathroom door was kept open and a towel was used as a door stopper. Keeping the bathroom door closed would have prevented the noise from coming into the room. I personally went up to your room to verify the problem but was unable to get a hold of you to explain you the situation. Once again, we are extremely sorry about inconvenience and we hope that you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to Fresno.
Long Beach, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Clerk at check in, not helpful. Stated no drinks on counter. When I placed my soft drink on the counter to access my ID. She stated this repeatedly until I finally stated how am I going to get my ID and credit card out of my wallet without placing my drink on the counter, maybe mgmt. should have a table near the desk.

1 Thank Lori R
Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. We are extremely sorry about your experience with our front desk staff. We had a guest a couple of weeks ago that accidentally dropped his drink over the counter and damanged the hotel's main phone console which cost the hotel nearly $2000 and our staff was without a proper phone console for several days because this type of phone has to be purchased on a special order. I believe our staff was just being cautious and we did have a small table near the front desk in our lobby. We are extemely sorry about the situation and will definitely use your feedback to improve our customer service.
San Gabriel, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very clean, new hotel, my only comment on the negative side is that it's next to the freeway and you can hear it except for the air conditioner noise masking it out. Your other choice is the opposite side of the hotel with the sound of the train on that side. You have a choice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hardeep M, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno-Northwest, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Roderick,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest. I am glad that the cleanliness and condition of the hotel was up to you expectations. I am sorry that the location was not upto your liking. It is definitely an obstacle for the hotel to be in between a freeway and train tracks. We try our best and are always seeking new ways to overcome that obstacle. We hope that you will consider staying with us again next time.
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I really recommend this hotel. Clean, professional and had no issues checking in or out. Rooms look are spacious and look impressive when you enter. Breakfast was a help-urself type and covered all I needed. Amenities close to the hotel. When asked about restaurants they had the info on hand.

Auburn, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel staff greet you each time you enter. The signs in the elevator says the manager wants your stay to be a perfact 10 and that your entire bedding will be changed daily. We arrived on Friday. Saturday after being out of the hotel until after 1 pm, we returned to a room that had not been cleaned. A few minutes later the maid brought new towels and made the bed. No clean bedding. On Sunday we returned at 4pm to a rrom than had not been ckeaned. The maid again made the bed and left towels. I would suggest they removed the signs in the elevator since cleaning theroom is optional. Also, the a/c fan only run on high speed and is very noisy. After calling the front desk, i was told there was nothing they coyld do.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Connie H
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy because of your bedding not being changed on the 2nd day of your stay and room not being serviced in a timely manner and I am very sorry for this experience. However, I would like to inform you that to conserve energy the hotel replaces linen every other day in our "stayover" rooms and pillow cases are changed daily for all stayovers. But our housekeeping staff will still change sheets daily in "stayover" rooms if requested by the guest or if the linen appears to be dirty. The hotel promises a clean bed and washed duvet cover for every new arrival. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Oakland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

excellent hotel for the value. close to new shopping center and freeway. clean, nice service. the air conditioner was a bit noisy. the hotel looks updated. breakfast is decent with wafflemaker and fresh fruit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family