“Old Favorite”
Review of The Lime Lite

The Lime Lite
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lime Lite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,136 Restaurants in Fresno
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shaw and Palm
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I waited on writing this critique of The LimeLite, one we visit most frequently, until the ownership transition appears essentially complete. We Lime Lite dined when it was located west of 99, prior to the current Shaw location. The family owned restaurant changed ownership a couple of years ago to another well known Fresno family and the menu transition began. The lounge-restaurant menu retains old favorites [sand dabs, prime rib, harvest mix salad], adding new fare. Locally grown produce augments the entree. I usually have the prime rib, calamari or sand dabs, however the red snapper appeared to good to pass up. Wonderful, reasonable sized portion...I look forward to having again. Kudos for transition from one family tradition menu to the new modified one. See you in a couple of weeks for more red snapper.

2  Thank Calif_wino
There are newer reviews for The Lime Lite

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've eaten at the Lime Lite a couple of times with Silvio Simac (Martial Artist and Movie Actor). Silvio is a "friend of a friend". The first time I ate at the Lime Lite with him, it was after a taping of my show "Martial Arts Mania", when Silvio was my guest on the show. A month later, when Silvio was back in town, we had dinner there again. The food is good, but I think it's the ambiance that really "sells" the place. Appetizers are good, steaks are good. I recommend the Prime Rib. If another celebrity came to town and wanted to know a good place to eat, the Lime Lite would definitely be on the list of places I would suggest.

1  Thank dbrgdmn
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is Fresno's "Little Hollywood", where I seem to go with actors, producers, etc. The other night, the co-producer of my show took me to the Lime Lite for dinner, to thank me for helping her get other side-line jobs: making commercials. I had the prime rib, it was excellent. The only thing I didn't care for was the "seasonal vegetables", which was cauliflower and brussel sprouts.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have a group that dines together about once a month. This month we picked the Lime Lite for our dinner selection. We arrived a little late but the restaurant maitre d' was most welcoming and led us to a corner table. Well, our friends were most impressed not only by the wonderful food but also by the most attentive service. It was a great evening. As we left, the maitre d' thanked us for coming and welcomed us back. We most certainly will return.

1  Thank Eagles1950
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Small and intimate setting and food is well prepared. We are usually able to bring home left overs for another meal. The summer salad is a special treat that is available only during the summer months when the tomatoes are just perfect. Never had a meal at the restaurant that I did not enjoy. Very relaxing and intimate experience.

2  Thank Jody D