“The ole days live on”
Review of The Lime Lite

The Lime Lite
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lime Lite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,129 Restaurants in Fresno
Cross street: Shaw and Palm
California
“The ole days live on”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This place reminds me of an old dark 1960 bar when you first walk in, big leather booths, no light, and a big bar. There's a patio too but it generally is filled with smokers. The food is good and constant with some favorite throw back like liver and lamb shanks done very well I've been told...not my cup of tea. Everyone should be able to find a good meal and if not they have a full bar.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank tollhousetart

central cal
“Server caught us off guard”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The food was excellent as usual. I had the Halibut special with lobster risotto and my wife had the crab cocktail. We were part of a party of six. The bad part of this whole experience was our server. I'm not one to complain ( see past reviews) but the service sucked tonight. I don't know what we did to piss our server off, but she just wasn't with it tonight. It's sad that a server can make a great night out with friends an evening that I have to come home and complain about. My wife wouldn't let me complain at the restaurant. Note to management, if your server comes in with attitude, send her the home. You will be better off in the long run.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank brokecheerdad
Fresno, California
“Old Favorite”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I waited on writing this critique of The LimeLite, one we visit most frequently, until the ownership transition appears essentially complete. We Lime Lite dined when it was located west of 99, prior to the current Shaw location. The family owned restaurant changed ownership a couple of years ago to another well known Fresno family and the menu transition began. The lounge-restaurant menu retains old favorites [sand dabs, prime rib, harvest mix salad], adding new fare. Locally grown produce augments the entree. I usually have the prime rib, calamari or sand dabs, however the red snapper appeared to good to pass up. Wonderful, reasonable sized portion...I look forward to having again. Kudos for transition from one family tradition menu to the new modified one. See you in a couple of weeks for more red snapper.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Calif_wino
Fresno, Ca
“Dining with the Stars”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I've eaten at the Lime Lite a couple of times with Silvio Simac (Martial Artist and Movie Actor). Silvio is a "friend of a friend". The first time I ate at the Lime Lite with him, it was after a taping of my show "Martial Arts Mania", when Silvio was my guest on the show. A month later, when Silvio was back in town, we had dinner there again. The food is good, but I think it's the ambiance that really "sells" the place. Appetizers are good, steaks are good. I recommend the Prime Rib. If another celebrity came to town and wanted to know a good place to eat, the Lime Lite would definitely be on the list of places I would suggest.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dbrgdmn
Fresno, Ca
“Dinner with my co-producer”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is Fresno's "Little Hollywood", where I seem to go with actors, producers, etc. The other night, the co-producer of my show took me to the Lime Lite for dinner, to thank me for helping her get other side-line jobs: making commercials. I had the prime rib, it was excellent. The only thing I didn't care for was the "seasonal vegetables", which was cauliflower and brussel sprouts.

• Visited October 2013