“Delicious Food and Excellent Service”

Fresno Breakfast House
Ranked #15 of 1,141 Restaurants in Fresno
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: For over a fifteen years, the Fresno Breakfast House has delighted the residents of California's Central Valley. With its uniquely decorated dining rooms, Fresno Breakfast House brings about the nostalgia of home with a fresh California feel. Fresno Breakfast House is a marvelous world of generous servings, abundant flavors and enticing aromas. You'll find a steaming pot of coffee, the aroma of big breakfasts drifts in from the kitchen, juicy sausage, lean ham and crisp bacon sizzle teasingly, and simmering sauces, homemade pancakes, and toppings are being whipped up. Fresno Breakfast House delivers it all with smiles, good attitudes and in a pleasant, warm decor. Our menu is a clever and original culinary concept. You'll find line after line of intriguing selections all made on the spot with the freshest ingredients...Fluffy eggs, select vegetables, quality meats, crepes, and our own cottage potatoes, to name a few.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The servers at this restaurant are all nice, professional, smiling, not rushed, and give excellent attention. Our party of 6 ordered them gamut from chocolate chip pancakes with heavy whipped cream to the vegetarian omelet. Everyone had a great meal, everything as ordered. This is the best breakfast restaurant I have found in Fresno!

Sam T, Owner at Fresno Breakfast House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

So glad to hear that you had a great breakfast with us! Run us through the whole gamut of breakfast all you'd like -- we love cooking, so really, you're doing us a favor. But seriously, it's great to know that your entire party left full and happy. That's always our ultimate goal. Hope to see you in again soon next time you're in town!

All the best,
Sam, Owner

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our family has eaten at this restaurant twice so far and the food is excellent. One time we had breakfast and the next time we ate off the lunch menu. I wish they would stay open later than 2pm. We have to travel 50 miles one way to get there and we are not really morning people.

1  Thank Val S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This restaurant has a great breakfast and lunch menu. The food is always fresh and hot. Servers are always friendly, and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. They even have a pianist on weekend mornings. They close at 2:00 p.m., so be sure to get in there with time to eat.

1  Thank HikinFool
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Sure, it's a little (ok, a lot!) dated. Sure, the average patron age is 70+. But holy cow, who cares? The food is DELICIOUS.

I was making the long drive back from Modesto to Bakersfield one Monday morning when my group decided breakfast was on the agenda. After weighing our options on Yelp, we decided Fresno Breakfast House seemed like the best bet. Needless to say, we weren't disappointed.

Yes, the decor is. . . it's different. The restaurant reminds me of the places my parents took me as a kid in the late 80s-- a little over the top, a lot of wicker. I didn't explore the restaurant in full, but I'm pretty sure I saw a jungle room, among other themes.

Our waiter was phenomenally kind and professional. Literally no complaints there.

The food. Oh, lord, the food! Every single person in our group was beyond pleased with what they got. Not only are portions huge for the price, but everything really was phenomenal. I got the House Scramble and it was seriously fantastic.

I will definitely be back when I'm in the area next!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Breakfast House has long been a favorite of mine when I'm in Fresno. Sadly, it appears to be on the slippery slope to "mediocre." The patio furniture now appears to be "early 50's diner" instead of garden patio, the white front door and frame, as well as the door and frame leading into an adjacent dining room inside, is very scuffed and dirty. It's somewhat scary that they don't seem to notice the dirt -- it's nothing that a wet rag and cleanser couldn't take care of in a just a few minutes. Also, we had to request that one of the chairs at our table be replaced with another, as the arm was visibly cracked and wobbly and could have fallen off -- or caused you to fall -- if you leaned on it at all.

The food is still good (my favorite is the "House Scramble" with biscuits and gravy -- still some of the best biscuits/gravy in town, tasty gravy, fluffy biscuits -- but the food arrived barely lukewarm, and I had to resort to eventually flagging down a waitress to get a coffee refill. Our waiter was nice, but not outstanding nor particularly attentive. In fact the wait staff disappears entirely for so long, you wonder if they're each cooking their own orders out in the kitchen! (Obviously not, since it arrives lukewarm -- where the heck do they go??)

In sum: For a reasonably-priced, good-tasting breakfast or lunch, this is still a decent place to go. Unfortunately, it's no longer the outstanding dining experience it used to be.