“Exceeded Expectations! Lowest price in the area yet one of the nicest hotels!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I haven't written a Trip Advisor review in a long time (I used to be so good about writing them but for the past year or so I haven't written a single one even though my husband and I still stay at a ton of hotels).

The Hampton Inn & Suites in Fresno (off Herndon) has inspired me to come out of 'review hibernation' and write a review because this hotel truly exceeded my expectations!

We travel to Fresno a few times a year to visit family and since Fresno doesn't have a Hyatt or W/Westin (which are normally our hotels of choice) we normally choose whatever hotel is the least expensive but in a nice area (North Fresno by River Park).

This Hampton Inn & Suites was the least expensive hotel in the area by about $20 a night. It looked ok online and got good Trip Advisor reviews.

When we arrived at the hotel I was impressed at the nice, well lit parking lot.

Check in was a breeze and the lady (Jessica) was extremely nice and helpful.

Even though it was over Labor Day weekend, we still were able to get our ideal room (quiet, high floor, away from elevator - we stayed in room 419).

We were impressed how clean and updated the rooms were! They had comfortable beds, a desk with chair, lounge chair, flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator complete with a complementary bottle of water.

When we arrived we also helped ourselves to the fresh baked free chocolate chip cookies.

There were nice vending machines in addition to a gift shop (snacks, candies - I was impressed they had a large variety of TV dinners for the in-room microwave, toiletries, etc.) that was located in the lobby and open 24-hours! How convenient!

We were especially impressed with the complimentary breakfast! They had a huge selection and the nicest man (I forget his name) manning the breakfast area. There were plenty of tables and chairs to sit at as well as to store our luggage since we were eating before checking out. The food selection was extraordinary and better than most complementary hotel breakfasts! They had fresh make your own waffle station, oatmeal, bagels, toast, hard-boiled eggs, a large selection of cereals, fresh fruit, 2 different varieties of yogurt, flavored potatoes, sausage, omelets, and many different muffins and pastries. It was an impressive assortment and tasted delicious! The best part was that (unlike other hotels) we didn't have to book an upgraded room rate to get the complimentary breakfast nor be an elite Hilton member: the breakfast is free for everyone staying at the hotel!

Like I mentioned before, I was so impressed with this hotel that it inspired me to write a review on Trip Advisor despite not making the time to do so in over a year. This hotel was truly extraordinary at the best price in the area. When we come to Fresno we will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Stay on the opposite side from the freeway - it overlooks a business parking lot and is very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My family chooses Hampton Inn whenever possible. The staff at the Front Desk were exceptionally nice. Room was clean and outdoor pool and pool area kept very nice. Breakfast was one of the best we ever had at this chain.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great location and great staff in Fresno area. We had a n appointmnent in Fowler so this Hampton made the trip very nice. Good service at the breakfast bar; helpful and interested. Very Pleasant experience.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was extremely pleased with our stay. From the minute you walk into the lobby, the staff are very friendly, and professional, and the lobby is warm and inviting, and has fresh beverages available. The bed and pillows were great! The breakfast had a large assortment of everything you could want: waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, bread items, yogurt, fruit, etc.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I was very pleased with the entire design and comfortable feeling that was felt the moment we entered the Inn. Every staff member was so pleasant and helpful. A family member was going to be in the same city and was looking for a place to stay. I recommended the Inn. I would stay at that Inn, or any of the Hampton Inn's on my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had come to fresno to take my board exam. The hotel was great. The bed was extra comfortable, convenient location right off the highway.I thought it was too pricey though, everything for fairly simple so I didn't think it was worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Carine N
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Rooms smell - I will not stay there again! Watch out they always try and give the handicap rooms and say the are full - I heard the same thing 3 weeks in a row. I travel for busines every week - pretty slick

1  Thank Diane T
Nicki P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Diane T,

I’m so very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. Unclean rooms are not typcial at our hotel and I can assure you I will be following up with the appropriate staff members. I thank you for your review and I really hope you'll give us another chance if your travels bring you back to our area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your experience further. I truly appreciate your feedback and wish you safe travels in the future.

Nicki Passeggi, Assistant General Manager