“Easy location and comfort.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

Quick weekend trip to visit friends and booked last minute room. Close to shops and restaurants. Good values even with last minute reservations. Stayed there a long time ago and the hotel remains in good shape.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Open, airy and clean hotel with pool and Jacuzzi. They are at the edge of a business park and some work was being done on a bldg. nearby, so a bit noisy all night. Not too bad, but noticeable. I know the Hampton could not do anything about that, so I enjoyed the comfortable bed, the air conditioned room and the free breakfast. Bathroom and room very clean and updated. No real partying going on in the rooms even on Labor Day weekend. Handy to freeway, nearby restaurants, nice shopping center. Pleasant front desk, helpful with directions. I left something in my room and they are shipping it home for me. Thanks!

Room Tip: Our room faced Fir which would normally be quiet on a weekend night except a nearby bldg. or parking...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank monarat
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Charm, personality, great staff, great atmosphere - Hampton Inn on Fir Street is definitely a great home away from home. Very accommodating and attentive staff. I love this place and will definitely make this my destination when I'm back in town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2014

After my horror story that I posted about the San Joaquin Suites Hotel, I settled on staying here.

The service provided by the desk clerk was amazing! Friendly, jovial, funny, and thoughtful.

My room was well appointed, and I love the free wi-fi.

There was only one hiccup in my stay. Since I had checked in after midnight that night I didn't have the energy to shower after my long trip. When I went into the shower the next morning, I was greeted to hair everywhere. Lots of hair! Not just one or two strands. I took pictures to show the hotel but was in a hurry so I quickly showered and checked out. I showed the housekeeping manager the pics and told him that it didn't give me confidence in the cleanliness of the bathrooms.

The manager gave me about 20 bucks off my room which I appreciated andI would stay there again, though I will inspect my shower more closely next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Love Hamptons! This is one of their best properties. Great Manager's reception with plenty of good hot snacks. Good close by restaurants. Next time we are in Fresno we will definitely stay at this Hampton.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I was pleasantly greeted by the hotel staff upon arrival and throughout the staff. They allowed me to choose my preference in terms of the floor I wanted my room to be on and also the general location of the room, i.e. near the elevator or further from the elevator. The Lobby is quite attractive and the hotel is very clean, quiet and in a desirable location. There are several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. This appealed to me since I was a guest without a car. The breakfast was better than most of the free breakfasts offered by hotels like this one. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PATSY_BDayton
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The pool and hot tub were nice. The breakfast choices were good. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel location was conveniently located just off the highway to Yosemite. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family