“A Mexican food-gasm”

Ranked #41 of 1,129 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Mexican
“A Mexican food-gasm”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Oh my. Started with two Coronas, "fixed" with lime sliver, large shrimp, and a drizzle of HOT sauce. Ordered a beautiful shrimp cocktail, two fish tacos, and two chicken tacos with beans. Simply amazing. I probably said "Wow!" about 20 times as stuff dribbled down my chin. I am in LOVE. Don't go for the atmosphere and ambience--it ain't there. Just go for the food ... and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2011
5 Thank dstclair

sav260
“Were Mexicans Come To Eat!!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We were in Fresno doing some shopping and we were hungry. We were at the apple store so we went inside to use the computers and looked up tripadvisor to see which were the best place to eat. Taqueria Don Pepe was number three so went to see if it was worth it. Well when we found it and got out the car we could smell that we had made the right choice. We got there just in time because we were able to find a table because it was busy. We order the fried fish and carne asada burrito and two carne asada tacos after I finished my burrito. The place was hoping with both Mexican families coming in to eat dinner and anglo couples also. It seemed that the shrimp plates were very popular. Will we go again most definitely, would I recommend it to others in a heart beat.

3 Thank sav260
Montreal, Canada
“Cheap, great food, quick dining”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The place serves excellent and inexpensive food. No wonder it is crowded! Great for a quick meal. Tacos are only $1.85 and are stuffed with yummy things (try the asado). Other menu items are mostly well under $10. The beer comes with a spicy shrimp stuck in the bottle. Definitely recommended for a quick meal in Fresno!

• Visited July 2011
6 Thank okazon69
Fresno, California
“We crave the Shrimp Tostada and Botana Shrimp!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We have been to Don Pepes many many times and every time we love the food. The shrimp dishes are our favorite, but the tacos and burritos are great too. Looks like an old KFC building by the closed Fresno Ag. Even with 3 Mexican food establishments within walking distance (and we tried the others too) Don Pepes is the best Mexican food I have had. (I have eaten in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo, etc...and except for Chicos Paradise in PV..this is the best I have had in Fresno) The huge Shrimp Coctail was good too. The cooking crew is fast and the place is always packed. Prices are reasonable but you get your moneys worth.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank DukeoftheDiscs
California
“Taqueria Don Pepe”
Reviewed 25 March 2010

This little gem is the real deal! The service is good, the food excellent, and it is not like all the other Mexican restaurants in town or elsewhere. The lengua (tongue) is out of this world.

2 Thank TheLuvCook