“A Piece of History”
Review of Meux Home Museum

Meux Home Museum
Ranked #5 of 50 things to do in Fresno
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum was once the home of a Civil War-era surgeon.
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

I've been to the Meux Home a few times and I always find it fascinating. I see something new everytime that I didn't notice on the previous tours. If you are interested in seeing historical collections, then you'll enjoy the home. The best time to come is during the Christmas season. The home is completely decorated and you'll see what life was like in the Victorian era.

2  Thank Rosefrog
There are newer reviews for Meux Home Museum

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Went for a special dinner and we were treated to a tour of the home - the guides were in period dress and knew all about the home, the people who lived there and the history - fascinating. Want to go back again.

1  Thank HpyTrvlrFresno_CA
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Since we had a little extra time, we decided to take the tour of this Victorian mansion. Well worth the $5 admission for the fun, informative look at early Fresno history.

1  Thank jumbach
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This museum has a great collection of dishes and furnishings from early California. The home has been well taken care of and preserves some early Fresno, California history.

2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I really liked the tour of the house. I wouldn't take young children because there are a lot of small things that might break and they might get bored. If you like old houses and seeing how people lived way back when, then this is a tour you must take.

5  Thank thebabaganoush

Been to Meux Home Museum? Share your experiences!