“Unbelieveable Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had a reservation at a different HI Express when we stopped in to THIS HI express only to find a knowledgeable, friendly and professional staff there to greet us! After receiving helpful information we decided to cancel our reservation and reserve other rooms across from the airport. This wonderful staff, cancelled our other reservation while reserving our new rooms at the airport. We weren't even STAYING with them and they showed amazing customer service. They have wonderful personalities and went out of their way to make us happy....and they surely succeeded.
Bravo to Patrick Mata and Justin...THANK YOU!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
marksoares, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. And thank you for staying with us. We are very glad that Patrick and Justin went above and beyond to insure that you had a memoria stay with us! We hope you come by to see us all again very soon so we can provide that wonderful service again! Thank you and take care!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Everything very clean, nice shower - good pressure. Right next to the highway, but I never heard any traffic from my ground floor room. Bedding and pillows good quality. Very good hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, muffins, coffee, OJ, cereal.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
marksoares, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you very much for letting us have the opportunity to wow you. And thank you for being a Loyal IHG member, it is greatly appreciated! We hope you come back and visit with us again. Don't be a stranger!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was my first stay at River Park Holiday Inn and I haave no complaints. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Loved that we were greeted with cold water and a granola bar at check in with a smile! I was there on business so I wasn't looking for that "special" hotel and it fit my needs perfectly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location was convenient and easy to get to. The breakfast wasn't great, we actually tried it and went out instead but it was a typical continental breakfast.I was there on business so I wasn't looking for that "special" hotel and it fit my needs perfectly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
marksoares, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

On behalf of myself and my staff it was a pleasure to have you as one of our guests. We are very pleased that your stay with us met your expectations. We try very hard to make sure that each of our guests are receiving a clean and hospitable experience. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again for taking the time to comment on your stay.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Because my favorite Hilton hotel is now concentrating on extended-term guests I had to venture out and try something new for my once a month trips to Fresno. Unfortunately I selected this hotel. When I booked the room I asked specifically for a quiet room then ask again when I checked in. I was alarmed at the hotel's proximity to the freeway (let me say I couldn't be any closer to the actual slow lane of a busy highway). In spite of my requests I was placed in an incredibly noisy room. I went back down asked the young man, who appeared to be a desk manager, if he was aware I'd been placed next to the freeway. In an surprisingly snotty and disrespectful tone he informed me all Holiday Inn Express hotels are this way as that is the clientele they choose to attract. He went on to patronize me further before finally excusing me. Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel. It is a mediocre property at best, and unacceptable because of the noise - also, you don't need to pay for the type of treatment I received.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank amy g
marksoares, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Valued guest, On behalf of my staff and myself we are very fortunate to get feedback from all of our guests so that we can determine what matters most to our guests. We want to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns with us. We would like to get a chance to make this unfortunate experience with us a positive one. Please let us know if you plan to stay again with us and we will guarantee a room that is away from the hwy and to make your stay with more pleasant. We appologize to you and hope to have you soon as one of our guests.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

So nothing really stands out as a major positive with this hotel on the other hand nothing stands out as a major negative either. It does a job as you would expect it to. But you would be hard pushed to recall it 1 week after.
On a positive side the rooms are clean, spacious, well equipped with twin Queen size beds, nice TV with good choice of channels, fridge and micro wave.
If you are looking for the basis of what a hotel is supposed to deliver you won't go far wrong. But if you are looking for that special hotel this is not it.

• Stayed: August 2013
marksoares, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry if you did not feel our hotel was "special". We try very hard to run a safe, clean, and welcoming property with great customer service and a hard working staff. I am please to hear your experience was a positive one.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This was my first stay at the River Park Holiday Inn. I was very impressed with this hotel. The exterior of the hotel is very nice. The lobby and the public areas were clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and courteous,especialy Patrick. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The location is very convenient to the airports, freeways, restaurants. I look forward to a return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
marksoares, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno (River Park) Hwy 41, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take pride in our great customer service, our delicous breakfast, our awesomely convenient location and the excellent condition of our rooms. We cant wait to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is our #1 choice to stay at when planning our annual vacation in Yosemite! The staff is always so friendly and helpful and our room is always clean and cool when we check in. This year my husband and I actually walked to the surrounding hotels (Mariott, La Quinta) to check
out their pricing/rooms and in our opinion this Holiday Inn is the best price out there for what you get. Way better than the surrounding hotels.

We stayed in room 328 this year which was VERY spacious for our family, we met a new manager who did a great job of accomadating whatever we needed. We have been coming back year after year and will continue to come back because of the excellence this hotel does in meeting the needs of all it's guests!

• Stayed: July 2013