“Always a winner”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,178 Restaurants in Fresno
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N Agbus Street
Transit: Bus stop on Shaw & Angus.
Description: Fleming's Fresno, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are conveniently located at the Fashion Fair Mall right off Hwy 41, near Clovis and the Best Plaza Shopping Center.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My go to steakhouse in Fresno. Consistent quality, excellent service and valet parking all rolled into one. We have a Ruth Chris locally, but their food is either outstanding or they miss the mark. I like that Flemings gives me a good meal always cooked as I ordered every time. Not so Ruth Chris.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Had dinner here. Very good steak house, though I had fish and mushroom ravioli. The latter was superb. The others in our party indulged in what appeared to be excellent steaks. All were content and satisfied.... Which they should have been according to the cost of each meal.... Service was excellent, seating comfortable - on the noisy side when the place was full, but better as people left. There is room to improve the acoustics so as to be able to enjoy conversation without straining to hear.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

FOOD
I prefer the flavor profile at Flemings over Ruth's Chris, though I may have to give Ruth's Chris the edge when it comes to meat quality, but it's very slight.

Steaks - I've tried the Peppercorn NY Strip, the Filet, and the Ribeye and all are excellent.

Sides - I've had various flavors of the Mashed Potatoes, the Chipotle Mac & Cheese, and the Creamed Corn. I love their sides.

DRINKS
They make great cocktails, and they are definitely not watered down. The Negroni, Vesper, Old Fashioned, and the Manhattan are classic cocktails that they handle right! Other mixed drinks are balanced and smooth.

HAPPY HOUR
I would say it's one of the best happy hours in town. Every night 'til 7pm, 5 cocktails, 5 wines, and 5 appetizers all priced at $6. Carpaccio! Pork Belly! $6?! That's crazy. Crazy awesome. And their Bar A La Carte Burger is very good.

PRICE
It can be very expensive, but as I mentioned above in the Happy Hour section, you can have some great gourmet food at a reasonable price. Plus, they have the a small plates menu.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I find eating in American steakhouses a strange experience sometimes, and this was no exception. It, as is hardly unusual, was located in a mall carpark, in a slightly grotty part of town. It was clearly built in the last 15 years, and trying desperately to fake some heritage. It had that strange old-fat-cum-cleaning-product-cum-damp-cloth smell when you walked through the door that so many of these places share. But then when you opened the menu steak was $60, plus sides, plus appys (entrees?) at $20+ with wine nudging $20 a glass.

This either has to be good, or the winner of biggest rip off in Fresno, we thought. Still, as we had been driving all day, and eaten too many McDonald's to face another, we carried on...

...and were pleasantly surprised! Lovely steak, well-recommended wines, decent sides. The chef could have laid off on the cracked pepper a little - "well-seasoned" would still suggest a modicum of balance. But overall a pretty good experience. Why the reference to J Crew? Similar, carefully curated selections, but just as I find it hard to pay £450 for a coat I've queued to try on in a Gap-clone, no matter how many books on architecture are laid next to the socks, so I find it hard to recommend a $300 steak dinner when the place looks like the Chili's next door.

1  Thank Quovadisite
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Excellent! A special event spot for us....birthday, Father's Day, or any time we want to be pampered. The creamed spinach is par excelante.....even if you don't think you'll like it. Ask the chef for this decadent recipe. Gift cards help with the tab. The steak eater gives a thumbs up, too.

1  Thank Drydame