“I Was Dissapointed”

Fresno Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fresno Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,182 Restaurants in Fresno
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N Agbus Street
Transit: Bus stop on Shaw & Angus.
Description: Fleming's Fresno, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are conveniently located at the Fashion Fair Mall right off Hwy 41, near Clovis and the Best Plaza Shopping Center.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After hearing so many .positive comments I was excited to go to Fleming's last weekend. Nice, but hardly special. The upholstered booth I sat in needs to be reupholstered. I felt I was sitting in a hole all night. I thought the electronic wine list was a useless gimmick when all the wine is in the menu anyway. I had the wedge salad which came sort of "do it yourself" style. Some greens with a little dressing passed over them, a slab of cheese half the size of a credit card, and a full slice of bacon thrown on the plate. Really? And, the bacon wasn't even that heavenly smoky taste, it had a sweet coating and tasted like bacon drenched in maple syrup. The steak was fine and cooked just as I had requested (that was the only plus), The $10.00 baked potato with everything was not tasty nor a value. Again it was sort of "do it yourself" with an ice cream scoop of sour cream stuck on top of a potato with sea salt and a skin as tough as nails. I'm sure it was roasted well before any service was anticipated in the dining room. Want an extra special celebration dinner in Fresno, keep looking!

1  Thank lwagsr

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Flemings is a nice steakhouse. There is nothing really wrong with it. But there's not a ton excellent about it either. So my review is about excellence, which I would say Flemings lacks. Lets start with the bread and spreads. It was good. Nothing to rave about. Ruth's wins on the bread. Then lets move on to the wine. Smallish glasses, I would say 2 of their minimal glasses equals a glass. The wine was great. Can't complain. Moving on , sides. We ordered the Flemings potatoes and the chipotle mac n cheese. I do not like liquid at the bottom of my pasta, which looked not drained to me. The mac and cheese was average, not great and had liquid in the bowl. Average. The Flemings potatoes were better, but of course they were loaded with butter , bacon and cheese. Who wouldn't like that? I would say they were very good. I would say that Ruth's spends more time on perfecting taste, such as their sweet potatoes, and Au gratins. Flemings just covers in cream. Fat wins right? Not in this case.
Moving on to the steak. Lets compare Ruth's Chris circular cut, butter topped steaming Filet, to an average looking, not seasoned Flemings. No comparison. Ruth's crushes Flemings on this one. Also my Filet was rare, when I ordered it medium plus. That has happened at Ruths, so I wont ding them on this one. Lets move on to service.
No comparison. Ruths is continually checking on you, crumbing your table, filling drinks. We had to ask twice to get a refill and the crumber came out after the meal was over, and we paid our bill. Then the waiter scraped the crumbs to the side of the table, as if to organize them, then left them there..
Lastly, Flemings is much more expensive. Ruth's gives you an option with 2 sides and a dessert. Flemings has no such option. Everything is Ala Carte.
Ruths wins. No comparison.
p.s, They also brought us somebody elses check.. Bad form.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I like to make sure I book our reservations with Fleming's at least a week in advance so that I can look forward to going. This restaurant has stayed on par with its customer service from the moment you walk through the door and I think that's what sets it apart. The appetizers, entrees, drinks, and desserts are all delicious and they give you time to savor them each, without ever making you feel rushed or making you wait. Mike behind the bar makes the best Sazerac we've had anywhere, it's my husband's favorite. Speaking of my husband, he never strays from the filet mignon here since it is so tender you could cut it with a fork. It ranks within his top five, which is saying something. The lava cake is always the cherry on the cake of our evening, so melty and chocolate. The ONLY issue I have with Fleming's does not come with the restaurant itself but with their Friends of Fleming's program, which started off wonderful, but has declined in the last couple of years. I didn't include that in my ratings since that is not directly related to the restaurant. Do yourself a favor at least once and share a special evening with this restaurant. Let them know ahead of time it is a special occasion and they'll go above and beyond for you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The service is outstanding and the meal is wonderful. Kind of pricey, but save for a special occasion and it well worth it. Order fish or steak and they are both excellent. They have the chocolate lava cake for dessert. yummmm

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything is good. We've never had a bad meal. Menu is diverse but limited. Steak was MELT IN YOUR MOUTH tender.
Service is about the best in Fresno; always busy so I would strongly recommend a reservation..