“Very comfortable for Fresno”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Salinas, CA
“Very comfortable for Fresno”
Reviewed 9 June 2008

This hotel is reletively new and completely smoke-free. We needed to be close to a wedding reception and this location was perfect. Check-in was easy and trouble-free. The front desk staff was knowledgable and polite.

Elevators are slow! We ended up using the stairs most of the time getting to our 2nd floor room. Not a big deal...The rooms are nicely decorated in relaxing neutral tones. Large screen LCD TV on the wall was great, if you're into that kind of stuff. Beds were very comfortable with fluffy down pillows. Nice bath soap from Bath & Bodyworks and big white bath towels. Coffee in the room and a small fridge, too. Closet is small, but there are 3 drawers available to hold clothes. Good work area with plenty of electrical plugs and lighting.

We were planning on using the pool, but when we went to get in it, it was FREEZING!! We tried the hot spa, but it was too hot to stay in more than a few minutes. Even in 90+ degree Fresno heat, the pool was giving us goose bumps as we dangled our legs in. That's just too cold for comfort. In the AM, I used the fitness room which was great. LCD TV, mirrors, 1 treadmill, 1 eliptical, 2 weight machines, towels, water. Everything worked well, but floor needed to be vacuumed.

I didn't notice any problems with thin walls, but we came in after 10PM and we knew our neighbors. Otherwise, fellow hotel guests were all polite. We enjoyed our free breakfast buffet...Waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereals, juices, coffee, pastries, bagels, English muffins, boiled eggs, apple sauce. Very fresh, start to finish. Dining area was constantly being attended to for trash and spills. Friendly staff asked if everything was alright...very enjoyable place to eat.

I highly recommend this property if you're staying in this part of Fresno. I had no complaints other than the pool/spa temperatures.

• Liked — Guest Rooms
  • Disliked — Freezing pool/Overheated spa
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Kalifornia-Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 16 March 2008

I agree with others, this is a lovley property. However, since kids can get noisy, you can hear them here more than other comparable properties. The doors are very heavy and slam as well. They spent time decorating and adding nice amenities, plasma tvs, wireless, soft pillows, etc. But a potential high noise level negates some of those conveniences. I would stay here again, but would look for a comprable property nearby first.

• Liked — conveniences, newness,, upgrades (plasma tv, wireless), cleanliness
  • Disliked — THIN WALLS --- suprised with new hotel to not have better sound barriers
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank JMH55
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 March 2008

I've never stayed at a La Quinta before, and I was impressed with their amenities. The televisions screens here are huge! I also liked having a refrigerator and a microwave in my room.

The breakfast was pleasant. I brought my own fruit, and some almonds, since I like some protein, and hotels like these are heavy on the carbohydrates. But hey, I learned to use the waffle machine!

The bathrooms were very clean. One downside: thin walls. There are a few restaurants nearby (including Sweet Tomatoes and In-N-Out Burger). The hotel is located near Blackstone (with restaurants and shopping) and Highway 41 (if you're on your way to Yosemite).

I would definitely stay here again, and I plan to research La Quintas in other destinations.

• Liked — amenities
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
Victoria
Reviewed 1 March 2008

Hotel was in a medical/professional area of the city, very close to all the Riverpark shopping and dining.

Hotel was quiet, comfortable, clean and inviting. Front desk staff were very good.

Beds and pillows were great.

There was a young girls swim team booked on the same floor so I expected a fair amount of noise/running in the halls etc. When I asked the front desk about it they said that the girls swim all day and they conk out about 9pm. Well she was right on the money there - so that part was fine. What she didn't mention was that the girls get up around 6am and so there was a lot of door banging and stuff then but I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 9 February 2008

My Mother, Sister and I were visiting our hometown for a little family reunion and choose the La Quinta because it was newer, in a good neighborhood and near where we needed to be for the weekend.

Check-in was quick and easy. The room is just as pictured on Expedia or LQ.com. We have two queen beds, large plasma TV, plenty of drawer space and clean. Business travelers will find a decent desk area and data connection. Families (or any one with leftovers!!) will appreciate a small fridge and microwave to keep snacks on hand.

We only encountered one issue, which was a party going on above or next door to us. Not sure if was kids after the winter formal or the girls’ sports team we saw but we called the front desk and in a knowing tone, they said they would take care of it. And they did!

Breakfast was good and for those who want something a little heartier, IHOP is next door. Not much else within in walking distance but the Riverpark shipping area is nearby.

• Liked — Everything was just fine
  • Disliked — Everything was just fine
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Jennifer K
Stockton, CA
Reviewed 14 December 2007

This hotel was great! The room had a large plasma TV( I think it was a 42") and a DVD player, which was great because we travel with children. The hotel has modern furnishings and its really well done. Breakfast was great! I took a muffin for the road and snacked on it all day. The staff was very helpfull and pleasant. Great place to stay, and a credit to La Quinta hotels. My family and I will be back soon!

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family