“Convenient "Jump-Off" for Yosemite”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Belfast
“Convenient "Jump-Off" for Yosemite”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Nice appearance to this hotel. Staff quite helpful and friendly. Pets are allowed in hotel which we were not aware of when we were booking. Rooms were quite spacious.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Glastonbury, CT
Reviewed 16 July 2009

The hotel rooms were pretty spacious, with a nice flat screen tv and comfortable beds. The onsite laundry facilities were handy, inexpensive, and the free laundry detergent was a nice plus. The pool was very small and the water was cold, so my son spent most of his time in the jacuzzi. The location was close to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 May 2009

This hotel was so clean and quiet, I can't say enough about it. When I made the reservations (through laquinta.com) I told them that it was my anniversary but did not really expect anything. When we got there, we were put into a king size room with a jacuzzi tub for no extra charge! It was amazingly clean and the bed was so comfortable, I slept like a baby. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very easy to get to. Right off the freeway. We went to a concert at the Save Mart Center and it was a quick 10 minute drive. This is definitely the place to stay in Fresno.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Cumbria, UK
Reviewed 5 May 2009

The La Quinta was not what we were expecting, maybe it needs a make over. The room was reasonable, but one of the beds had used sheets. I think that I would have stayed at the new Hampton Inn across the street if I had known that it was open. However the staff were friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was nothing to write home about.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
CA
Reviewed 3 April 2009

Keeping in mind that this is not a full service hotel, its really a great deal. Its newer than the other hotels in the immediate area but is lower priced.
I went with the Jacuzzi Suite (everything else was booked), and took full advantage.
I was staying with friends, we walked over to chilies caught dinner and drinks, and walked back. We relaxed in the room since it had the tub and big tv.
Breakfast was convenient for taking off in early morning.
When we visit Yosemite next year we plan on staying here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Southern Cal
Reviewed 29 March 2009

After reading the positive reviews, I booked a Friday night stay in one of the suites. (I was travelling with my family.) We drove up from So Cal and arrived around midnight. Front desk person asked if my wife had already checked in. My wife was still in the car with the kids. They apparently had given away my room. They gave me another room which was near the elevators, but was too tired to complain. Walls are thin. Heard footsteps all night. After 5 hours of sleep, family went down and brought up breakfast which was ok. Everything was clean. I think because everything is new.

Next a.m. they did apologize and try to make amends, but was too little too late. What could they do as we were already checking out?

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
San Diego
Reviewed 22 February 2009

We stayed here as a launching spot for a trip to Yosemite. The hotel was new, quiet, clean and attractive, the beds were comfy and warm, the flat screen TV was great. Fresh cookies were waiting for us when we arrived. My daughter was especially happy to see an iPod dock in the room so she could recharge her dead batteries. Breakfast was basic and filled us up but could have been better.

Rates were pricier than most for Fresno but it was close to the freeway and had better reviews than other places. Several hotels, all fairly new, are within the same vicinity as this one. Chili's and iHop are within walking distance. Costco, fast-food restaurants and shopping are on the opposite side of freeway if you need to pick up anything.

Some booking sites tried to charge an extra fee for more than 1 person in the room.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family