“Nice, new La Quinta” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Salt Lake City
“Nice, new La Quinta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

We spent one night on the way to Yosemite. The hotel is fairly new and is still in good shape. Our room was large with comfortable beds but an ungodly noisy air conditioner. They even have settings on the A/C control that warn you it'll be noisy if you leave it set to a setting that cools. Good breakfast included. Pretty easy freeway access.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

Nice appearance to this hotel. Staff quite helpful and friendly. Pets are allowed in hotel which we were not aware of when we were booking. Rooms were quite spacious.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Glastonbury, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

The hotel rooms were pretty spacious, with a nice flat screen tv and comfortable beds. The onsite laundry facilities were handy, inexpensive, and the free laundry detergent was a nice plus. The pool was very small and the water was cold, so my son spent most of his time in the jacuzzi. The location was close to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Shawnee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

This hotel was so clean and quiet, I can't say enough about it. When I made the reservations (through laquinta.com) I told them that it was my anniversary but did not really expect anything. When we got there, we were put into a king size room with a jacuzzi tub for no extra charge! It was amazingly clean and the bed was so comfortable, I slept like a baby. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is very easy to get to. Right off the freeway. We went to a concert at the Save Mart Center and it was a quick 10 minute drive. This is definitely the place to stay in Fresno.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Cumbria, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

The La Quinta was not what we were expecting, maybe it needs a make over. The room was reasonable, but one of the beds had used sheets. I think that I would have stayed at the new Hampton Inn across the street if I had known that it was open. However the staff were friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was nothing to write home about.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2009

Keeping in mind that this is not a full service hotel, its really a great deal. Its newer than the other hotels in the immediate area but is lower priced.
I went with the Jacuzzi Suite (everything else was booked), and took full advantage.
I was staying with friends, we walked over to chilies caught dinner and drinks, and walked back. We relaxed in the room since it had the tub and big tv.
Breakfast was convenient for taking off in early morning.
When we visit Yosemite next year we plan on staying here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Southern Cal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

After reading the positive reviews, I booked a Friday night stay in one of the suites. (I was travelling with my family.) We drove up from So Cal and arrived around midnight. Front desk person asked if my wife had already checked in. My wife was still in the car with the kids. They apparently had given away my room. They gave me another room which was near the elevators, but was too tired to complain. Walls are thin. Heard footsteps all night. After 5 hours of sleep, family went down and brought up breakfast which was ok. Everything was clean. I think because everything is new.

Next a.m. they did apologize and try to make amends, but was too little too late. What could they do as we were already checking out?

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family