“Nice rooms.. Nice staff, An excellent hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
red bluff
“Nice rooms.. Nice staff, An excellent hotel”
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Very impressed with the staff. From the front desk to the housekeeping. Always greeted us with a smile. Rooms were very spacious and in mint condition. Too bad we wont be back in Fresno for a long time, but now we know to stay at La Quinta’s when traveling.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 17 January 2011

This was really a great hotel. From the moment we checked in to the day we checked out. It was a great facility. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I expected nice rooms, but this was way beyond. Comfy beds, flat screens with actual HD channels and a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast was a full breakfast with great variety. After our experience here we will always consider a La Quinta in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I stayed here for the first time and was quite pleased! It is in safe part of town with lots of restaurants and shopping close by. They do not have a pet fee which is important since I frequently travel with my pooch.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 5 November 2010

This is the second time in two years that I stayed here on business and both times I had an enjoyable stay. It’s clear that this is a newer La Quinta property. The rooms have modern furnishings, including flat screen TV, iPod deck on the radio and a DVD player. The complimentary wireless connection works very well, the Keurig coffee maker is pretty high-end for this type of property, and the bed is very comfortable. It was also pretty quiet – I had the dreaded room nearest to the elevator and I didn’t hear it operating at all. The complimentary breakfast offered the usual continental-style fare plus a couple of hot items (cheese omelets and sausage) as well as fruit and yogurt. The common areas were well-kept and the service was friendly. This will no doubt continue to be my base camp for future business trips to Fresno.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
South East
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We found this hotel to be very clean, and welcoming. The rooms are large, well fitted and the biggest TV I've seen in ages.
Location is good for Yosemite and Sequoia, though the roadworks in Yosemite did make for a 3 hour drive each way.
There are loads of shops nearby, on the other side of the freeway. Though just across the road is 'Sweet Tomato', what a great little soup and salad restaurant - why don't we get these in the UK ?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 8 October 2010

We stayed here for two nights while visiting Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. Our King room was very spacious and clean, clean, clean! Nice big flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. A real closet to hang coats and put shoes. The bed was extremely comfortable, lots of pillows and nice linens. Bathroom was spacious, lots of counter space and a nice size bathtub/shower. Nice ammenities. Breakfast was impressive, waffle maker, bagles, toast, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, coffee, juice and more. Different main dishes each day. Breakfast attendant was always cleaning up food counter and tables and keeping fresh foods stocked. Our experience with all front desk staff during our stay was wonderful. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed here one night before heading into Yosemite. I had requested a top floor room months in advance. When I arrived around 6 PM the line was 4 deep in front of me and there was one young woman checking people in. The woman at the front of the line had requested a certain room that she liked, then had phoned a week ahead to make sure she would have that room. She was assured it was hers. Nevertheless, The clerk informed her that the room had been given to someone else and there was nothing she could do, no apology. The woman was clearly frustrated but did not make a scene. The man in front of me appeared to have no reservation at all and was given a room on the top floor, no mention of extra cost. Then I was told there was nothing left on the top floor in the price range I had reserved. I was offered an "upgrade" for 15 dollars more. It was a slightly larger room that I did not need nor want, except it was on the top floor and hopefully quiet as I was driving long distances and needed good sleep. Not wanting to make a scene myself, I knuckled under and paid the extra, which should have been offered at no extra charge (the hotel was not full). The hotel was near the main road into Yosemite, but in an industrial type setting with almost nothing within walking distance. My first time spending the extra money for a La Quinta and the last as it was definitely not worth it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo