“One of the best in town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento
“One of the best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed here on business and enjoyed the place. The beds are great and I liked the breakfast and really liked the hosted happy hour. I think her name was Silvia she really goes out of her way to make sure everything is great. My only complaint is the place fills up pretty fast and I could not stay here on my next several trips because there were no rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank beach942

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is a great place to stay before a trip to Yosemite. There are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores nearby.The rooms are large and nice so it allows you to get organized before hiking through Yosemite. There is a nice courtyard to relax at night also.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't overlook the courtyard.The courtyard looks nice, but you can ofte...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChildeRoland
Calimesa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Me and my wife have stayed at this Fresno Homewood Suites for over 1 year (2011 to 2012). We had no complaints until new management took over and we noticed the breakfast and dinner have become substandard. This has not been due to the cooks as the quality of the food has been lowered substantially. We had gotten to know the cooks and as we suspected they also have complained to management about the lowering of food quality. We have gotten to know many regulars and they also have noticed the difference, many have said they have been looking for another hotel to stay at when they are in Fresno as have me and my wife. One month I had booked a room for approx. 1 week and realized it had said smoking room. I called the front desk and spoke to a male hotel clerk to change to a non smoking room. This was 1 week prior to my date. He said their was nothing he could do. I asked him if they make an attempt to honor their Gold or Platinum customers and he said it does not make a difference to them. Being a Hilton Gold Member that did not sit well with me so we have now switched to Marriott and in no time I will be a Gold member with that Group. I do not care about the time lost with Hilton if that is the way they treat their Loyal Customers. We have been staying at an extended Marriott that while the rooms are not quite as large or the beds are not quite as comfortable as Homewood, the hotel is much cleaner (the staff picks up papers they find lying on their path as they walk past them), the quality of the food is sooooooo much better. They do not serve as much quantity but the quality is much better. Compare going to a Restaurant and Chowing down as compared to Fine Dining. I would prefer to dine with quality food than a quick cheap fast food restaurant when at all possible.
Oh and the Clovis Homewood has better quality of food than the fresno Homewood as well however it is not in the location we need. Homewood you have lost a loyal customer due to these changes, Hilton I have not completely given up on you but because of these problems I have switched to Marriott and only time will tell who I will stay with.

Room Tip: I gave service as average due to the one Male Hotel Clerk I had a bad experience with, The young lad...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dr R
Mt Vernon IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Had stayed at other Homewood suites in the past and by comparison, this one is a bit smaller with fewer kitchen amenities. But it was clean and quiet, with a very friendly staff. We were in town for our son's college graduation with our disabled daughter. We requested a "handicapped room, when making reservations. The room was good sized, but I doubt would accommodate a person in need of a wheelchair, (though the bathroom was large enough to). The grounds and facilities, pool and hot tub, were in a central location, clean and well attended with towels and clean convenient bathrooms. The free breakfast, was marginal but as one would expect for a free meal. The exercise room was well appointed, though probably not convenient for all room locales. We requested a top (3rd) floor room and was in a corner outer facing room as well. I would request the same, if I wanted the quietness we appreciated, for our daughter to sleep and nap.

Room Tip: the hotel is "U" shaped around the pool with rooms on the in and outside. Outside top floo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Fontana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

For the very first time, I was thanked at check-in for being a Hilton Hhonors member! I know Hilton asks this question on their surveys, but I hadn't been thanked until this stay. The staff were very personable and professional during our one night stay - everyone from the front desk staff, to housekeeping, to the breakfast lady made us feel comfortable during our short stay. Breakfast was better than usual with the mini omlets in place of the usual dry scrambled eggs that I never really liked. The room was spotless and everything worked fine. There is truth to this hotel being ranked #1 in Fresno!

Room Tip: Fyi, if you request a room far from the elevators, you will take a small hike to get to your room, w...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Calif.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

This place has everything that is most important to me when travelling - very clean, quiet, safe, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful and I felt very safe as a solo female traveller staying here. The free breakfast is what I would expect for a free breakfast, very adequate. My room had a kitchenette and it was still very roomy and very reasonably priced. I've paid a lot more for a lot less at other places. Very conveniently located to all ammenities one would need or want. Homewood Suites will definitely be my first choice in my future travels.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Calif_Cheri
Solana Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

This property is both clean and affordable, but mot importantly has a very accommodating staff who know the value of serving the customer. The front desk staff was exceptional when I checked in later in the evening, they acknowledged that I had a long travel day and sympathized, which is rare (I wish I could recall the young man's name.) Breakfast the next morning provided a good start to my day without being overly filling...and not to mention, was complimentary, helping me to save on my travel budget. Evening brought a nice reception with a "light" but filling dinner which was greatly augmented by Sylvia's exceptionally good cheer. Sylvia was very accommodating, funny and friendly to all of us. I was impressed at her attention to me - though not a "regular." I did observe Sylvia to take a particular interest and attention to those who regularly frequent the property on business - she acknowledged them as regular guests and treated them like family. I look forward to the same from Sylvia when I return on business. Well done to all - a great property. thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business