“Starting to become a Hilton fan”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Have had to stay in Fresno recently for business. First stayed at the Springhill in the same parking lot because of "points". Was really not impressed. So, I tried the Homewood and now I stay there from now on. Very welcoming staff. The feel of the Hotel is more flexible than the Springhill. Very accommodating for placing me in a quiet room. Met the Sales Director at the evening reception which was nice. I told myself I would not eat the Hotel food since I had per diem, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. It really was nice to be able to walk down in my comfortable clothes, grab dinner, and bring it back to my room. Have already booked my next stay.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor quiet room around #110 I think. VERY quiet. Minimal traffic. Plus easy access...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Very comfortable and quiet room. Nice to be able to cook and have a cold soda or make a fresh cup of coffee. The bed is inviting and one can watch the TV from it. There is also a desk for convenient computer access and use.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This place is good for the value and amenities as I have stayed here before. I like that this place is clean, the staff is friendly and they offer more free amenities than any hotel that I've stayed at like breakfast and Manager's Reception Monday thru Thursday. They also leave out coffee, water, tea and fresh fruit throughout the day and night in case you get hungry or thirsty and you didn't bring anything back to the room. I can't forget the delicious fresh baked cookies they have waiting for you after 5 p.m. First come, first served. The rooms are great. They are quiet, clean and spacious. You can't beat the kitchen with all the utencils you need in case you want to make your own meal. The gym is okay too but don't expect 24 hour fitness but it's good enough. Now to the annoying...people in the dining area routinely talk on their cell phones during mealtimes. People leave their phones on instead of silent when they play games. They just can't take a break! I've seen people let their kids walk around with no shoes or socks in the dining area as well. Finally they do serve complimentary beer and wine at dinner which is really nice, but you get the folks in there that have way more than 2 beers or 2 glasses of wine. There should be a limit to avoid a potential problem. Other than that, I like it and would stay again but beware of the potential annoying situations you may come across.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Joi C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel amenities, the room was comfortable, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I apologize that the environment during breakfast and dinner was not the best experience for you. We want all of our guest to feel comfortable and get that "at home" experience when they stay with us. Although we do not have a limit on the beer and wine served during the 2 hours of dinner our staff is trained and certified to handle situations that may arise. We also have management present to handle any guest needs or concerns that may need to be addressed. I'm happy to hear you will be returning for another visit. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We just spent one night while on the road. The rooms and beds are great. We had a studio room and it was certainly good enough to stay for a week. There are no rooms close to a noisy road, so don't hesitate to book here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear rossdmd,

Thank you for so much for your review. I am very happy to hear our rooms met your expectations and provided you with a comfortable stay. We hope to serve you again next time you are in the Fresno area. Thank you again for your kind words and positive feedback.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The food was extremely poor and other guests where over heard saying the same thing. I could have went to a fast food place and the food would have been 100 times better. The room smelled as if someone let off a whole can of air freshener. I talked with hotel staff who could not help with room smell. I had to remove a fake plant that seemed to be the cause of the smell from the room and place it in hall way.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jennifer M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about us. I am extremely sorry that you did not have an amazing stay with us, but I appreciate your feedback so that we can impove in these areas. I hope that if you find yourself in this area you will give us another chance.

Jennifer Mooradian

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I enjoyed a 4 day mid-week stay. The accomodations included a separate living area and full kitchen which was awesome. The complimentary breakfast and evening manager's reception were both good perks. I would recommend the hotel for business and family travel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Absolutely loved this place. Especially after spending a few nights in the Yosemite Wilderness in a small tent. Was welcomed by very friendly and courteous staff. I had to mail something back home and they had this awesome Office Center with the boxes, tape and everything I needed. Slept incredibly well on their nice fluffy bed. Only wished we could have stayed longer to enjoy all the amenities. Had to be out the door by 6:30 AM the next morning to catch a flight home. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in Fresno.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family