“Relaxing”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A nice place to rest and relax while on Business in the Central Valley. Great location and easy freeway access. The service was great and easy to find. IF I were not on business I could have stayed all day in the pool.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Getting to the hotel is a mess. There is only access from the back side and the only sign to direct you is past the turn you need to make to get in. Only one person working the front desk on a weekend which lead to waits to check in or later with problems. Got in the room there was a used condom wrapper sitting on the couch in plain sight. The bathroom also had trash sitting in plain sight. Bed was not properly made and had hairs in the bed. Went to the desk to report issues and was told I would be contacted by management and I was not. It has been days since I have left and still have not heard a word. When I left at check out I asked for a manager and was told there was not one and the representative turned and walked away. I paid for a a nice suite and got a room that had nice aspects but was filthy and the staff is horrible! I think I'll be heading to a competitor next door on my next trip to Fresno.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick M
Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Patrick M,

I am truly sorry to hear about your horrible experience at our hotel. This is not the standard we uphold at our property. I apologize for the inappropriate response you received from our staff when you presented the problem to them. Our goal is to make sure all of our guest are given the Hilton experience they expect and deserve and I'm sorry we failed to do that. I do hope you give us another chance to provide you with excellent customer service along with a clean and comfortable room. Thank you again for taking the time to complete a survey on our hotel. Again I apologize for the unpleasant experience you had.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Staff was friendly and always willing to help. Manager's reception and free breakfast were great. Really appreciated the hot tub at the end of a busy day. Workout facility was very well appointed. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear 622jeffreyh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a survey on your most recent stay. I am very pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. I especially appreciate your kind words regarding our breakfast and evening reception. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Excellent place. Great staff. Free breakfast is just 'good enough'. The pull out couch bed was below par. If you need to use the pull out couch in the suite, prepare for a tough night. The hotel is very clean and nice. Not expect super amenities in the bathroom. But the kitchen area was pretty good for a suite. I'd return,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Borkman,

I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay at our property recently. Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our staff and the great service they provided. I would love to hear any suggestions you may have that would make our breakfast be more satisfying. Thank you again for your kind words and taking the time to complete our survey. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Second time at this hotel, specifically came back. Facility is clean and well-maintained, rooms are comfy and quite, staff are outstanding, super friendly and helpful. Generous hot breakfast and FAST easy to use wifi. If you need a place to stay on this end of town, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is a nice clean hotel right on the bike path to Clovis. The gym was small with limited equipment.There was a bike, heavier weights, but no elliptical. The staff was verify helpful and allowed me to hang out later due to a late flight. Thanks again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Have had to stay in Fresno recently for business. First stayed at the Springhill in the same parking lot because of "points". Was really not impressed. So, I tried the Homewood and now I stay there from now on. Very welcoming staff. The feel of the Hotel is more flexible than the Springhill. Very accommodating for placing me in a quiet room. Met the Sales Director at the evening reception which was nice. I told myself I would not eat the Hotel food since I had per diem, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. It really was nice to be able to walk down in my comfortable clothes, grab dinner, and bring it back to my room. Have already booked my next stay.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor quiet room around #110 I think. VERY quiet. Minimal traffic. Plus easy access...