“Middle of the road”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Middle of the road”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Decent hotel that I have used several times for business trips. The beds are modestly comfortable and the evening reception meals add value to the rooms. Cleaner bathrooms, sheets that are changed more frequently, and a fresher smelling room when checking in has been a concern that I have complained about to management without a resolution. Make sure that you inspect for yourself when checking in.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Keithwil,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on your most recent stay. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the evening reception we offer complimentary Monday thru Thursday from 5pm-7pm. It's a great way to unwind after a long day. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. I will be addressing these issues with the staff to correct our errors. We look forward to serving you again next time you are in the Fresno area.

Rebecca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Torrance, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

my family stayed here for a night and after long day at Kings Canyon, this hotel provided excellent service and was very comfortable to relax. King Suite had sofa bed and my children loved it. It had full kitchen and my wife liked it. Overall, it's 4.5/5

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Minyoung K,

Thank you for all the positive feedback regarding your stay at the Homewood Suites Fresno. I'm glad you were able to visit Kings Canyon National Park during your visit. It's a beautiful place to visit. Next time you're in town I recommend you visiting Yosemite National Park. It's the same distance as Kings Canyon going North. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is very clean, staff outgoing and friendly. I've stayed at this location three times and would stay again if in the area. The first time I stayed the circuit breaker kept tripping, but on all subsequent stays I've had no issues with the room. The hot breakfast, dinner and adult beverages are a nice to have. Eventhough I do not have any special status with Hilton, they were gracious enough to extend my checkout on a Friday.

During my last visit there were young boys running through the halls, I only say this because they can be loud. But the rooms are so quiet I couldn't hear them. :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear xxforfunxx,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your most recent stay at the Homewood Suites Fresno. I appreciate all of the positive comments and feedback regarding our facility and staff. It is very rewarding when the staff is recognized for their quality of work and great customer service. I do recall an issue regarding the breakers and our maintenance staff did attend to this problem and fix the issue. I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy our breakfast and evening reception. When traveling on business it's nice to be able to take care of our guests by providing dinner and drinks after a busy day. Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay whenever you are in the Fresno area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manteca, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Hotel overall is very nice but did have a few problems. The clerk checking me in was friendly but had problems with the computer and key machine. The room was very nice but the shower door came off the track. It was only secured by an upper track.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Robert S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you reporting the few problems you encountered during your most recent stay. I apologize for the delay in your check in process due to computer equipment not working properly. I am happy to report that these items have been fixed. Regarding your shower door, it is possible that has been fixed as well but I would like to know your room number so I can confirm with my maintenance staff. We hope next time you can stay with us a little longer and enjoy all the amenities we have to offer from our complimentary breakfast to our beautiful pool.

United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My family stayed here for the first week our son was in a nearby children's hospital. Although the cost is slightly more than some of the surrounding options, the free breakfast and dinner plus the kitchen brings the overall cost down. Having a separate bedroom makes it feel like going "home" to an apartment rather than a hotel room. We will stay here for future visits to the local hospital. It was clean and very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear David S,

Thank you for such positive feedback regarding your most recent stay. I'm sorry to hear about your son being in the hospital and I hope he is doing well. Our goal at the Homewood Suites Fresno is to give our guest that "home away from home" feeling. We are happy to be able to provide the complimentary breakfast and dinner so our guest don't have to worry and they can focus on more important things. All of our rooms have the kitchenettes with the full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and stove top which is a great feature and can definitely help with costs. We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future and please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 August 2014

although I didn't have any maintenance or room issues. From the time I arrived until I left 2 days later the hotel staff were very tuned in to me as a customer. Good eye contact, smiles on their faces and looked like they were happy to be there. Additionally, as I had not experienced the complimentary dinner before, the service staff helped me negotiate the process and even dispensed some free beer. I was very happy with the friendly atmosphere.
The room was exceptional, in all aspects. The space was above average and I really liked the way it was organized to separate work and sleep space. When I come back to Fresno, I won't need to look any further than here, for a great hotel that is safe and easy to get to.
As long as you rent a car flying in, it is an easy 15 min drive to the hotel and to downtown. I'm not sure what the cab fare would be, but it is an easy freeway drive.
I agree with Nancy 017, in that you have to be able to resolve a service problem in the middle of the night, and the bathroom is one of those things you paid for and expect to work.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms up towards the front of the hotel, as the hotel is an arena with the pool in the m...
Green Features: Recycling is everywhere in California, and in this hotel.
Dear bgould1001,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites Fresno. I especially appreciate all of the wonderful comments you had about our staff in every department of the hotel. It brings them so much joy when their efforts are acknowledged and appreciated. Customer Service is top priority at our hotel and we strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations. It's great to hear that you have chosen our hotel to stay in when you are in the fresno area. Thank you again for the kind words and positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Singapore
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A few places in Fresno can be dodgy but this hotel is well situated. The rooms are excellent and service was good. They serve a decent breakfast too! There is a decent pool, a basketball court, coin-operated laundry, a pool table and a little shop that is open 24-hours.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rebecca K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Joanne d,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Fresno on your most recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities we offer such as the breakfast we serve daily and our Suite Shop we have available at any time of day. If you should ever need a place to stay during the week please know that we also offer a complimentary evening reception which included beer and wine held Monday thru Thursday from 5pm-7pm. Thank you again for your kind words and positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.