“Fresno”

Best Western Village Inn
Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Fresno

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

I'm a Best Western fan. I travel a ton for work, and I've always had good experiences with Best Westerns. This Best Western wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It looked like it hadn't been updated since the mid 90's. The staff was decent, and it's right off the highway. I got the feeling it wasn't in the best part of town, but I didn't have any gang activity or scary moments. I wouldn't want to go jogging at midnight, but I wasn't scared at any point during my stay. The room was cleanish, and there was wifi and a small tv. The bathroom was ok (the hot water took awhile). My biggest draw back was the fan was as loud as a freight train. I'm one of those people who need a fan to sleep (downs out the noise) but this fan was super loud. It also stopped with a thud, which woke me up, at about 4 am. I got up to turn it on again, but unfortunately the super loud sound drowned out my IPhone's alarm. All in all this is a solid 3 star property. It's not scary, you won't die, it's pretty clean and pretty comfortable. Would I stay here again? I'm not sure. I wouldn't NOT stay here again if that makes sense.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jgiano
Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I come to Fresno 8 times a year & this is the only Hotel that I am comfortable in. This town leaves a lot to be desired but I feel this location is about the best Fresno has to offer. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean & the breakfast is good. I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area. Most hotels in Fresno are also used by hookers.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steev_0
Susanville, California, USA
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed a few nights here. The building was secure. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was awesome. We slept in the whole time we were here. The full breakfast menu was great. We enjoyed our stay and will definately stay here next time we are in Fresno.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Kathleen C
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My expectations were tempered by this being a budget-ish hotel, and this hotel just barely crawled its way to meet those expectations. I'm still not sure what the difference is between a Best Western "Plus" and just a regular Best Western (maybe just that the rate is the regular rate "plus" a little extra). In any case, there didn't seem to be anything "plus" about this Best Western.

Everything rated pretty much average -- we got a moderately comfortable place to crash, the room was clean, etc. -- but nothing even hinted at slightly exceeding expectations, especially the service. I saw the same front desk clerk at both check-in and check-out, and both times he was surly, sarcastic and unhelpful. Friendliness is a minimum requirement that I expect from all hotels, 1-star or 5-star.

The surrounding area is also on the sketchy side, so if that bothers you, look for a place in a different part of town. I can say the hotel is very conveniently located to the freeway.

Bottom line: I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main roads surrounding the hotel (but be prepared for a sarcastic respo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank stricklandia
San Diego, California, Usa
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Spa had not been cleaned in what looked like the last month. The bed was hard. Some of the staff didn't speak English. I choose to leave after one night. I didn't feel safe walking around let alone leaving my car in the parking lot. There was a lot of gang activity in the area. Won't stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Anne R
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Decided to get a bit away from the freeway tonight, so we came here.

Unlike the reviewer just before me, I don't see the problems he's whining about. He complained that he didn't get: a lounge chair with footrest (use the bed), the larger flat screen (it's a hotel, not a theater), the microwave (agree), the safe (not a bank), the larger refrigerator (you planning on moving in?), and a much larger room (for $67, the room we had was huge). It beats me how people whine about not having 4-star perks when they refuse to pay 4-star prices.

I also don't see how this hotel is "tired." It looked to be in fine condition.Maintenance is kept up. I didn't see any safety issues in the room, or in the public spaces I went in. No holes in the walls, or other appearance issues. I think he just likes to whine,

The room was very comfortable, very clean, and very quiet. Having the place split up into two separate wings was nice. Breakfast was good...it kept us until dinner in Redding,

Overall, I would be happy to stay here again. Don't pass on it if you're in Fresno. Just remember, it's a hotel, not a resort.

Room Tip: Great deal away from the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple