Best Western Village Inn
US$147
Homewood
US$106
US$124
All reviewsdonut shoproom was cleannice pool areawafflesfree breakfastsausageno elevatorwould stay here againthe staff was friendly and helpfulplace to sleepnice place to stayplenty of parkingcalled the front deskroad tripyosemite national parkbooked this hotelfresno area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2013

After staying at the Best Western in Exeter, we made the mistake of thinking all Best Westerns would be up to that standard - sadly we were wrong. Not only is this Best Western in an area that does not feel safe, the rooms are dark and dingy (our view from the window was a brick wall a couple of feet away) and the decor was dated and tired. We had to make countless trips to reception for issues with our room (not enough towels, items missing, etc) and although we had asked for a crib when booking, we were told there wasn't one available when we arrived (even though we didn't see anyone else there staying with babies). The only saving grace was that the breakfast was better with more choice than at other places we stayed at. W would definitely not go back here and would also avoid Fresno if travelling in California again!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LondonFlipflops
gambit423, General Manager at Best Western Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Thank you for your review. I apologize we didn't meet your expectation on your trip. We will make sure every room is above standards and ready to go.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We found ourselves headed to Fresno as a last minute trip when my mom had a stroke while passing through the area on her vacation. This was one of the closer lodge options to the regional medical center. I called them to confirm a few things and, due to the trip being for medical needs, we were offered a rate better than what I had found on-line. We frequent Best Westerns and found this one to be average yet nice. The internet was fast and the breakfast options were the usual for BW and always well-stocked. We would stay here again when passing though.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jiggerb
Reviewed 18 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I'm a Best Western fan. I travel a ton for work, and I've always had good experiences with Best Westerns. This Best Western wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It looked like it hadn't been updated since the mid 90's. The staff was decent, and it's right off the highway. I got the feeling it wasn't in the best part of town, but I didn't have any gang activity or scary moments. I wouldn't want to go jogging at midnight, but I wasn't scared at any point during my stay. The room was cleanish, and there was wifi and a small tv. The bathroom was ok (the hot water took awhile). My biggest draw back was the fan was as loud as a freight train. I'm one of those people who need a fan to sleep (downs out the noise) but this fan was super loud. It also stopped with a thud, which woke me up, at about 4 am. I got up to turn it on again, but unfortunately the super loud sound drowned out my IPhone's alarm. All in all this is a solid 3 star property. It's not scary, you won't die, it's pretty clean and pretty comfortable. Would I stay here again? I'm not sure. I wouldn't NOT stay here again if that makes sense.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jgiano
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I come to Fresno 8 times a year & this is the only Hotel that I am comfortable in. This town leaves a lot to be desired but I feel this location is about the best Fresno has to offer. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean & the breakfast is good. I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area. Most hotels in Fresno are also used by hookers.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business