“Disappointing”

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Bozeman, MT
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I've stayed at this Hotel brand a few times, but this was very disappointing. I should say that all of the staff I interacted with were polite and professional. I expect details to be attended to when one is paying 134 a night - in Fresno.

The TV guide in the room (it was the 3rd of January when I stayed) was for the prior month
The paper pad was rumpled, as if it had been there for months
In the morning, I just wanted a coffee to go. The to-go set up was not obvious, and when I asked the 'gentleman' at the bar for a coffee, he waved me to the to-go bar... there was only non-dairy creamer there. The milk containers at the regular bar were empty and with a smirk, he agreed to let me pay for a Starbucks latte so I could have real milk. For 134 a night!?

I'll be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn next time. I can find it from the street. If I had not envisioned it on Google maps, I would have never known to turn down a street and look 1/4 mile ahead... when the street I turned from was the address.. Come on Marriott (!) spend some money to keep your customers from circling in that hellhole! We are already in Fresno, how much more do you want to punish us!?

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank enophile28
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marirott Fresno. Please accept my most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver. I appreciate you taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations.

All the very best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
everywhere
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This Courtyard has the new lobby, bar, tables, and computer area. If you have stayed at the Courtyard before, this will be exactly what you expected it would be. Very cookie cutter. I do agree however, that it was very difficult to find and signage for the property is not clear. Even with the GPS on, I drove past the drive for the hotel 3 times before finding it.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor...less noise
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. Your feedback is very important to us; it helps us to improve our property and service. We are working on correcting our signage issues and hope to have some results soon. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.
Colorado
Reviewed 14 October 2011

A little difficult to find, since it is so far off the road, and you can only turn one way when exiting, but the hotel and staff were very good. Unfortunately, not a lot of restaurants around the hotel. They did have a bistro that served a limited choice of food. I ate here a couple times, and it was pretty good. I just had sandwiches. The rooms were nice and bed very comfortable. The A/C unit was a little loud, which in turn caused a lot of adjustment to the TV volume.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We are happy you were able eat, drink and connect in our newly renovated lobby and Bistro. The feedback you gave us on the air conditioning unit is valuable and much appreciated. Our Engineering Department has corrected the issue. We greatly appreciate your business and loyalty. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed at this property for one night. I paid $99.00 for the room. The hotel is older, but is clean and updated. Nothing special with the rooms. This hotel included the new Bistro in the lobby. I did eat a late dinner in the lobby and it was actually pretty good. The hotel is located right off of HW41 which heads up to Yosemite National Park, which is a good location. However the hotel is located behind a dumpy strip-mall (which does have a Trader Joes) - so stay hear for convenience, not views. Avoid rooms ending in 01, as these are beside the stairwells and the door into the stairwell makes a lot of noise.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Davis
Reviewed 27 July 2011

If you have stayed at Courtyard Marriotts before, you will find this one not as nice as most. The rooms are small, the mattresses worn and uncomfortable, and the compact refrigerators are very tiny. My major complaint is the staff, they are very impersonal and not very accommodating.I asked that my room be cleaned before a before noon every day, that couldn't be done. I asked for a late checkout, that couldn't be done.I understand that, but the staff is simply rude and doesn't seem to care. However, the housekeeping staff does a good job and is friendly. The air conditioning works quietly and efficiently.
The Wi-Fi is terrible, so we tried using the hotel's computers, what a mistake. The computers are out in the open and there is no privacy or quiet whatsoever. The Courtyard chain has redesigned their lobbies in an open design, so you can hear every conversation taking place and the vacuuming, etc. I suppose if you just want to check your email, it's ok, but don't expect to get any work done in their business center (and don't count on their wi-fi working).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Orange, California
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I get the question and have enough actual stay experience to know the answer to "where's the best place to stay in Fresno?" Like it or not this is it. Clean enough, updated lobby, close to the mall, the Hofbrau and the 41 freeway. What's not to like? Yeh, there might be a nicer room or pool area somewhere else but if you are like me and a stay in town is all-business The Court' is it boss-person. Go and live as large as it gets this close to convenience in the mighty Central Valley.

• Stayed June 2011
So Cal
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have had a streak of great stays recently and this is no exception.

It starts with the remodeled lobby area. This has to be the nicest Courtyard, or for that matter any hotel, I’ve stayed at recently. Very upscale, with an interactive touch screen display in the lobby for locate info, weather, etc. Very impressive. The rooms appear to be all updated, flat panel TV, etc. The one thing I like was when you turn on the TV it resumes to the last station you were watching not the “hotel welcome” channel and volume pre-set to “high”. I wish all hotels would take this hint.

The staff was very helpful and supporting. I bought a bottle of wine from the little hotel store and when our group all determined it was bad, they replace the bottle – no questions asked.

This added to being a great value and you have yourself a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2011