“Not up to snuff for a Courtyard”
Review of Courtyard Fresno

Courtyard Fresno
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Santa Cruz, California
“Not up to snuff for a Courtyard”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Check in was an easy process, but despite the fact I am a Marriott rewards member for many years, there was no acknowledgement of my membership. Every other Marriott I've stayed in acknowledges my elite status and gives me a perk. I asked if there were any breakfast perks for members and received a curt "NO". The mattresses were absolutely mushy and after two nights hurt my back. Coffee was always out in the lobby. The maid opened my door at 8:30 am on a Sunday morning waking me up. She didn't even knock first. They also didn't refresh my coffee service from the day before.

The pipe connected to my shower head was very loose and I couldn't move the shower head without the whole pipe moving. Shoddy workmanship obviously.

The staff in the breakfast area were great though and what I ordered was made very well. They also gave me a cup of coffee they would normally charge for when I told them the coffee in the lobby was out. They were also very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet with no noise from up above. Wireless Internet connection in the room...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Fresno Courtyard by Marriott. Please accept my most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver. I will review your comments with my Leadership Team.

Again thank you for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations.

All the very best,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Nice staff with good breakfast options. Lobby area is very nice with a lot of business friendly features. Nice place for business travelers. Easwy access to route 41.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway. Pool area is nice as well.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We are happy you were able eat, drink and connect in our newly renovated lobby and Bistro. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Standard Marriott--you know what you are getting. Very clean, comfy bed, quiet location. Newly remodeled lobby with restaurant which was nice but also located near lots of other restaurants. Friendly staff. Would definately return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bella1213
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We are happy you were able to have a restful nights sleep and we able to enjoy our newly renovated lobby area, including our Bistro. We greatly appreciate your business and loyalty. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This property is not as nice as many of Marriott's other Courtyards. It was clean but nothing special. There were many little lights on various pieces of equipment in the room that flashed (e.g. smoke detector) or glowed throughout the night. The heater was noisy, the toilet ran constantly and any activity in the hallway was audible in the room.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and insight. Please accept my most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Your comments have been reviewed with our Engineering Team and we believe the plumbing and heating issues have been corrected.

We appreciate you taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Bozeman, MT
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I've stayed at this Hotel brand a few times, but this was very disappointing. I should say that all of the staff I interacted with were polite and professional. I expect details to be attended to when one is paying 134 a night - in Fresno.

The TV guide in the room (it was the 3rd of January when I stayed) was for the prior month
The paper pad was rumpled, as if it had been there for months
In the morning, I just wanted a coffee to go. The to-go set up was not obvious, and when I asked the 'gentleman' at the bar for a coffee, he waved me to the to-go bar... there was only non-dairy creamer there. The milk containers at the regular bar were empty and with a smirk, he agreed to let me pay for a Starbucks latte so I could have real milk. For 134 a night!?

I'll be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn next time. I can find it from the street. If I had not envisioned it on Google maps, I would have never known to turn down a street and look 1/4 mile ahead... when the street I turned from was the address.. Come on Marriott (!) spend some money to keep your customers from circling in that hellhole! We are already in Fresno, how much more do you want to punish us!?

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank enophile28
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marirott Fresno. Please accept my most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver. I appreciate you taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations.

All the very best,

Travellers are raving about these Fresno hotels

everywhere
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This Courtyard has the new lobby, bar, tables, and computer area. If you have stayed at the Courtyard before, this will be exactly what you expected it would be. Very cookie cutter. I do agree however, that it was very difficult to find and signage for the property is not clear. Even with the GPS on, I drove past the drive for the hotel 3 times before finding it.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor...less noise
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard Fresno, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. Your feedback is very important to us; it helps us to improve our property and service. We are working on correcting our signage issues and hope to have some results soon. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.
Colorado
Reviewed 14 October 2011

A little difficult to find, since it is so far off the road, and you can only turn one way when exiting, but the hotel and staff were very good. Unfortunately, not a lot of restaurants around the hotel. They did have a bistro that served a limited choice of food. I ate here a couple times, and it was pretty good. I just had sandwiches. The rooms were nice and bed very comfortable. The A/C unit was a little loud, which in turn caused a lot of adjustment to the TV volume.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We are happy you were able eat, drink and connect in our newly renovated lobby and Bistro. The feedback you gave us on the air conditioning unit is valuable and much appreciated. Our Engineering Department has corrected the issue. We greatly appreciate your business and loyalty. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.