Courtyard by Marriott Fresno
ComfortSuites
US$146
US$106
US$124
All reviewstrader joesquiet hotellobby areashaw avenuesequoia and kings canyonovernight staychecking inrestaurants and shoppingcheck in was easycomfortable roomthe wi fione night staynight's sleepdecent hotelfreewaybalconiesdriveway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have stayed at this Marriott property several times while traveling on business. The staff is friendly and inviting. I get quick responses to requests (whether calling from my room or at the front desk).
By far the best part of this property is the Bistro. Leilani welcomed me, by name, after I caught a quick bite to eat the second night. This is the first place I have stayed that dining alone does not feel uncomfortable. The entire staff at the Bistro is fantastic. This morning, i dined with three colleagues, and had a hot breakfast to order within minutes. I will continue to stay at this property on every trip to Fresno. Leilani and Bistro staff are top notch.

Room Tip: Try to book a room that faces the courtyard. Either way, the rooms are great for business travelers.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Saphron7
juleemay, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Saphron7
Thank you for your review . I have shared your kind words with Leilani and our Bistro staff who were thrilled. We look forward to your next stay.

Sincerely
Pam Proctor
AGM Fresno Courtyard

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We spent the night on vacation in July. Cute lobby, room was clean and spacious. Most economical stay on our trip to Kings Canyon/Sequoia Park and Yosemite. (very good value) I shopped around on websites and found this gem for $30. less on one site. They serve Starsbucks coffee and offer a small area for dinning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee3885
juleemay, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. I am so happy that we were able to add a positive experience to your vacation. I look forward to sharing your words with our staff and associates.

We look forward to the opportunity to having you and your family as our guests' in the future. Thank you again!

Robert Johnson
Operations Manager
Courtyard Marriott Fresno

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard while visiting family in Fresno. It was very comfortable--the rooms were bright and inviting, the beds very comfortable, good water pressure in the shower. It is very quiet (except for the fireworks on July 4!) We did not eat there, and there is no included breakfast. The only problem was that the coffemaker in the room did not work, but it was replaced right away. There is a small lake/stormwater basin just past one end of the parking lot, and when we parked there, a bunch of geese came running over as if expecting to be fed. We enjoyed giving them some bread, so considered it an unexpected bonus. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stay here regularly (6+ times) and have never had a negative experience. The rooms are very modern, clean, and spacious. It's a very quiet hotel and the staff is very friendly. The bar is great and so are the bartenders. The food is also very good and we always eat breakfast there. The hotel is a little ways off Shaw Ave so the first time I stayed, I drove right by. There is a movie theatre and lots of restaurants near by. There is also a very nice courtyard/sitting area.

Room Tip: If you get a ground level room with a sliding glass door that exits to the parking lot, don't leave your room through the glass door without making sure the deadbolt to the main door isn't latched since you can't reenter through the sliding glass door. I made that airhead mistake and maintenence had to come open our door, which wasn't a very simple process.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lauren V
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. I greatly appreciate you adding your positive experience. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our Bistro and found our rooms comfortable. Finding us for the first time can be a bit tricky and we continue our quest for some sort of signage.

I cannot wait to share your kind words with my staff and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area.

Julee May, General Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The bed was the best part of this place. Very comfortable and slept like a rock. But, no preferred parking for motorcycles so not considered motorcycle friendly. Bring your own refreshments. Bought a small bottle of soda for $2.50! There are no real freebies here. Can't blame this particular hotel, as all Courtyards are the same. Staff friendly. They have a restaurant but for the prices, I would opt for a nearby place for better price. Or better yet, look at a different hotel that includes breakfast for about the same price. Didn't really care what type of room I got so was given a handicapped room. Interesting layout. Nothing wrong with it but bathroom door was spring hinged to close but entry door to room was not. Internet was free for regular internet but high speed was $4. Didn't work for video chatting though so don't bother.

Room Tip: Don't get a handicapped room if you don't need it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DrummerD2
juleemay, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to any opportunity to improve our service for our guests'. If you have any additional comments or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. If in the future I can be of any assistance to you in your travels back to the Fresno Area, please let me know.

All the best,