“Not so awesome”

La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in July and didn't think it was awful. Definitely not great but for $65 what do you expect. This time though it was pretty gross. There is a lot of wear and tear on everything. In my room one of the biggest things I despise is HAIR! And the sink had 3 hairs in it along with hairs on the bathroom floor yet. Now I know you can't get every hair but really!? Also stains on the carpet and very dirty around the edges of carpet. I think housekeeping staff need some retraining! They do not have a computer for guests to use which is inconvenient for printing boarding passes. Did not eat breakfast because I came down to a ton of people taking up every table and lines for breakfast. (Looked like a tour group). Would not stay again unless it was my last choice...

Room Tip: I would not stay by the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Rooms are large with a nice desk for computer but lacks plugs. Phone didn't work to reach front desk. Beds are comfortable with lots of pillows. Bathrooms are clean but towels pretty cheap feeling. Overall, it is a great location sandwiched between IHOP and El Toritos and very easy access to Hwy 41 and Hwy 99. Price is usually below $125 so that is ok. Breakfast is ok but nothing to write home about. The usual continental stuff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room was infested with cockroaches and the front desk attendant blamed on other company for the cockroaches, yes there is a pest company but the answer to the guest should not be "Well that's their fault and responsibility" and to say "Wow I am surprised especially with the room you were in" Cockroaches do not see a suite say oh lets not infest that room. Lets just go to the cheaper rooms. (To be in ANY room is not acceptable) When I checked in I requested a late check out and the employee stated she would gladly put it to 1pm. However after getting no sleep due to the many cockroaches wandering the room and not getting off work and back to the hotel until early into the morning I get a call promptly at 1202 asking why I had not checked out yet. When I advised I was a late checkout the man sounded shocked that I would have been let do that and then said "Oh oh yeah I see her notes right here" I have stayed in other La Quinta's one only a couple miles away but after this I will NEVER stay here again! This was below a EZ-8 motel quality of ever aspect and to spend that much in FRESNO of all places is so not acceptable. My co-worker also stayed that night and had dirty towels in the dresser and the bathroom was NOT clean just like mine (not sure if you could tell it was) so this is not an isolated experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Vicki A
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is a bit old, but rooms are quite spacious and clean. For a break after a long trip, this is a good place to stay. The room rates include breakfast: hard-boiled eggs, cereal, bread and waffle, plus juice and coffee. And it is pretty much between Yosemite NP and Sequoia / Kings Canyon NP. If you plan to visit those parks, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the pool, as it can get noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We loved everything about this hotel. The rooms were bright and exceptionally clean. We had a room right outside the pool, it was fantastic after the drive from San Francisco to be able to dump our bags in the room and fall into the pool.
breakfast was good, i enjoyed making fresh waffles in the waffle maker.
We drove down to Kings canyon which was a lovely scenic drive.
Staff were very friendly, I wished we had booked to stay here longer and had less days in san Francisco, I was sad to leave.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The price was right so we booked three rooms. Two basic rooms and one "mini-suite". We had two teenagers in each basic room and we paid the extra for the king bed and mini suite so we would have a fridge and microwave. We had to wait more than an hour past check-in time (it was well after 4pm) before our room was ready. Given that they called it a "mini-suite", and given that it had a microwave, it probably should have had some plates to use IN the microwave but there was nothing. No silverware. Oh, and no freezer in the refrigerator. So we didn't get much for the extra money. Breakfast in the lobby was fairly basic. The coffee machine was almost broken on the first day. No decaf or hot water, only regular coffee. By the second day, there wasn't even regular coffee. Our teenagers, who had poolside rooms, told us there were people doing dive bombs in the pool at 4 in the morning.
All that said, the rooms seemed clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff were nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill P
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The best part of this hotel was the lovely front desk staff. We stayed on July 4th, and our room was right across from the pool, so the shrieks from the kids went on painfully late. The room was ok. We stayed in a pet friendly room that had stains on the floor, and I was happy to leave. There is a great restaurant across the parking lot, and the breakfast at the hotel worked fine as well.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms by the pool unless you want to hear people shrieking all night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family