“nothing special”

Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South
Ranked #45 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We spent onlyone night here and despite of the bad reviews we read before our arrival we had to choose it cos it was the best price for us. we were lucky maybe but we found it quite decent. Staff very helpful indeed. i would recomended it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark B
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South

Reviewed 31 January 2013

this place is really a poor excuse for a motel, The staff is VERY RUDE bunch of people, they never smile or say hi they sure dont make you feel very welcomed, it is obvious they dont care about there job or guests, and it shows, and will use any excuse to get rid of you!,

they have two ice machines but they never seem to work, one reason is they let their security guard fill his ice chest every nite even though there is clearly a sign not to fill the ice chest!,

The police are their almost everyday for one reason or another, they really should rent a room there so they will always be avaiable!!

my advise is to stay at the motel 6 at Ashlan and Blackstone, they wecome you with open arms, and are incredibley out going, i they enjoy their jobs and guests!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I am presently staying at this very Motel 6 and thought, just for fun, I'd look at the reviews. When I began reading about the sketchy neighborhood and the rooms being used for a short time I heard some noise below. Three police cars swarmed in and cornered a big white Cadillac occupied by 2 rotund and very tattooed ladies. A guy on foot was also apprehended. He was wearing a white, gauzy jumpsuit unzipped to the waist and sporting a huge gold chain necklace. It's been 45 minutes or so and they're all still down there. I've also seen 2 "ladies of the night" strolling on the sidewalk in front when I moved my car so it would be in view of the front office and in the light. And some of the occupants of the motel look like ex-cons. Cars do pull up, like one of the reviewers here noticed, and "visit" friends staying here. Every other one seems to have one if not 3 pit bulls. In fact, earlier a guy rode in on a bike towing a mini-trailer occupied by his pit bull. He, too, stopped in for a visit.

But then there's this room. It was obviously a smoking room in the past, so I was bowled over by the smell of stale smoke and the putrid smell of room deodorant when I walked in. If I weren't so tired I would have asked for a refund and left. It's 103F outside but I have the door and window wide open in hopes that it will help with the odors. I'll close everything up and turn on the AC and put earplugs in and pray that the night goes by quickly.

The wifi works great and the office staff were very nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2012

There are 4 motel 6 in Fresno,ca

I am a resident of the city and I have stayed here a few time( once over night) and let me be honest...the rooms are sub par,TV works at times,shady neighbors the rooms are not in good condition...my serious advice is go deeper i those pockets and go to a different hotel/motel.

Like the review that is titled Scary..it is true,police are usually around,so are hookers ( yuck) and many things that doesn't make a person feel safe and comfortable.

I have stayed in other motel 6's before and this one and the one on olive/99fwy are the worst i ever seen...ever! To those that are traveling...don't stay at these ones...if you meet up with someone after the club...this place is just fine...just being honest! The Motel 6 on Shaw/99 would be the SMART choice.It is about 15 dollars more,but worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We needed a convient and economical location to see Yosemite and Sequoia Nat Parks. The first night, the toilet handle broke so we couldn't flush it. The air conditioner was extremely noisy. The mattresses were horribly uncomfortable. But the worse was my bed was full of bedbugs. I didn't realize it at the time but found 60 bites on my body within hours of leaving the hotel. I also recognized bug feces which were described online when I looked it up so I have no doubt about them. We are on the road for two more weeks and I have to figure out which clothes and suitcases are infected and how to clean them out. I didn't feel safe either. The fence around the property had coiled barbed wire, like what is used in prisons.

Room Tip: Go some place else
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BH-4
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Just to be fair, the staff was friendly and check in was easy. However, the main issue is that this hotel is in a very sketchy area. Cars and guests come and go at all hours. It appears that many people use the rooms for less than an hour. (Use your imagination on that one.) There was occasional yelling from the parking lot at various points during the night, and I was definitely being sized up by another hotel guest when I parked near the check in desk. As I ventured off the property to find dinner, I noticed three men kneeling and being handcuffed by a group of cops across the street. The solution to all of this? Empty your car of all of its belongings, bolt the hotel room door, turn on the AC on to drown out the noise, and go to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank SkippyChunky
Reviewed 26 November 2009

Clean room, check-in was pleasant and quick. Good value for the buck. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple