“Looks Better on the Website But Was Good Enough”

Piccadilly Inn Shaw
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed one night. It did the job: I needed a great mattress, quite room/hotel with a bar, a free breakfast and a decent, non-chain restaurant nearby (Di Cicco's Italian was across the street - worked out great).

This hotel had great service and was very clean but will need a renovation in a couple years if it wants to stay competitive in the industry. I wondered why the jacuzzi was so far away from the pool? I actually got lost trying to find it. But once I got in it was quiet, clean, just hot enough and relaxing. The bar had lots of interesting drinks - I liked that they served Hendricks (top shelf) gin.

I felt totally safe at this hotel but their security system was not in operation the one night I stayed there. Supposedly you can only enter the building where your room is by swiping your key card. However, those doors were unlocked during my stay - convenient, for sure, but not secure. Nor did I need the key card for the pool.

Room Tip: You can open your room's window but the heat/air con system was hard to figure out. My friends...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I chose this hotel because it was right across the street from a work event, the staff was super friendly and the breakfast was AMAZING. The hotel is huge and has plenty of amenities for fun, including a putting range, pool and spa. The room was clean and the shampoo smelt great lol. If I have to stay in Fresno again I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Location was close to airport yet not too close. Very nice facility. Restaurant has very limited menu however everything I had was great. Would stay here again. No issues with service. Only stayed for one night.

Room Tip: Away from roadway is definitely quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff was adequate, room was dated but clean. Took 2 phone calls and 1 visit to front desk to get extra pillows. Room was like a sauna, thermostat did not work. Shuttle services was great, very sccomodating.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

First stay here, recommended by a friend. At check in, clerk seemed disinterested and completed all faxing chores before getting around to checking me in. I requested an upper floor - fortunately the hotel only has two floors, because he didn't both to mention that there are no elevators. With luggage, I might have made a different decision and stayed on the first floor.
The room was large, clean and nicely appointed, with enough light, and quiet.
Breakfast, included, was typical w a waffle maker, cereal, fruit, pastries...but remember to spray the waffle grills, or you will end up like I did, everything stuck and I apologized a lot for making such a mess
Not sure if I will go back on my next trip. A little spooky - it was so dark and quiet for a woman traveling alone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have stayed here for many years . Although Ownership has changed, amenities are a little less., and staff is OK. Beds are good, just need better bedding. Scratchy comforter, sheets clean but rough.
breakfast is labeled as Deluxe Continental But is more institutional. and your better get there early as anything after 8am is poor quality and selection.
I am not so sure of the security for your car in the parking lot. Rough homeless wandering through at dusk.

Room Tip: the rooms in the outlying buildings are quieter. The toweries 3 story are much more noisy as doors s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 December 2013

when you pull up to the hotel you say this looks good well guess what your in a suprise we get to our room and this room looked bad toilet didnt flush we had to take top off and flush it from inside we take a shower and the water was taking forever to go down it was getting to our knees by the time you were almost done with shower you call front desk well get some one look at it in morning what good is it gonna do me if im leaving in the morning. we tryed to go to sleep and there was a hall on the hotels property that had a live band playing loud music the drums were shaking our room we called the front desk again at 11pm and told them whats going on she tells me they will finish playing in about a hour its like she didnt even care or apoligize what a nightmare on a good note it ended at 12 am with johnny cash folsom prison song we couldnt wait till morning just to check out .dont even waste your time with there breakfast its so packed and not worth it .when we checked out lady asked us how your stay was we told her everything again it was like no big deal ill have manager call you its been over one month and were still waiting for a phone call .what a joke save your money and time and stay at another hotel.......

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family