“yucka”

Ranked #61 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Sonoma, California
“yucka”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We drove up and I said 'OH MY' it looks nothing like the 30 + year old pictures. I had prepaid for the room through Choice Privileges to get a good rate. What a mistake. I actually wanted to see a room before we even checked in and it was worse then I expected. The room had a dirty odor the carpets we so stained that it made it look like a patterned carpet. Old,dirty and ugly! I actually told the desk clerk that I could not stay there because I would be afraid of getting bed bugs! He told me that the room was clean and that he cleaned the rugs every 3 to 4 months! Really??!! I told him that was horrible.....I clean my rugs at my home every two months whether dirty or not! I really think it's a Hooker Hotel after seeing the other guests coming out of their rooms.......bottom line I would not even feel safe there. The desk clerk was very pleased and proud to inform us that the hotel had been remodeled in 2003, whoopee! We stayed at Holiday Inn Express down the street. Clean, New and Safe. Don't make our 'MITTSTAKE'. Big business is not always the best for the small guy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank scooteraroo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

Really friendly introduction to our short stay in Fresno, the receptionist gave us a list of local restaurants and directions of how to get there. She also opened up the swimming pool for us to cool off in. Nice clean rooms and great breakfast. Easy access to the freeway. Without the associated road noise. Fantastic.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank redfan10
LA
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I had the worst stay. The rooms were nasty. I didn't get any sleep. There were so many bikers in the parking lot that I was scared for my life. I didn't want to go outside cause they were all drinking, arguing and fighting. My kids were crying. When I called the front desk, the lady told me “you should have not stayed here because we were going to busy." what the fudge!!!! Who says that to a guest? I asked to talk to the manager the next morning, and he wasn't there. I called back asking for a refund, and the "manager" said that he won't do anything because it was my choice to stay at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank binningp
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I checked in to the hotel on July/3/2012. the experience began with the steamy small unconditioned front desk area(July in Fresno)!the check in process was the longest I experienced(and we were the only one there).we ask for baby crib-they charge $35 for the crib!!!in most of the hotels I stayed it a free service, and in the fancy ones they charge maybe half.After we got the keys we wanted to use the coin laundromat.the girl directed us to the laundromat.the room was locked, and when I asked her what's going on , she told me that one of the machines is not working, and the technician will fix it tomorrow.we decided to go to the pool.the pool was dirty, with green floor, and black dirt floats on the top. I called front desk, and the guy told me that everything is fine. when I mentioned the dirty pool, he told me that the pump motor will be replaced tomorrow.I was surprised that they fix all the hotel's problems on July 4 , and he told me how professionalism they are. absurd! the room was old, smelly, falling a part, dirty towel left on the bathroom.we were told that breakfast will be served from 6:30 till 8:45. reality: they open the little dining room at 8:15. when I asked the guy in the morning about the times, he told me they open early today-8:15 instead of 8:30. for breakfast!!!!the worst hotel and worst liars I ever saw. don't approach the place. many other good affordable hotels in Fresno.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank shaked p
CA
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The hotel is old and not kept well. The grounds are great, but the rooms are not. They are dirty and dark. We will not be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sharon10606
california
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband said to me as I was unloading the car (he had already taken things into the room) your not going to like it. We went on a group rate of 13 rooms.
I don't care if a hotel is old, if its clean its ok, but this place was so dirty, The towels and sheets had stains on them. Mold in the shower and dirty grout on the bathroom floor, carpet made your feet black in less than a hour. Another friends room had bugs on the towels and coming out from under the sink faucet. I was told that I need to report this place to the health department..Should of left, but stayed only because of the group we were with and I had my own pillows and blankets.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank shell3800
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I unfortunately did not check this hotel out before our trip to Fresno. I wish I had.

We rented 3 rooms. one for 3 days, one for 2 and the other for a single night.

The outside street view of the hotel is beautiful - that is where it ends. When we checked into our room, we were saddened to find that the room was in a bad state of repair. Wallpaper was peeling, paint was peeling, the tiles in the shower had been removed and replaced and the grout/silicon job putting it back was moldy and unprofessional. The cable wires were sticking out of an open box in the wall and the furniture was a joke (see pictures)

Because of several reasons, we stayed. I wish I would have turned around and asked for my money back and gone somewhere else.

After a rough night sleeping between the threadbare sheets we woke up to discover there was only a single bag of coffee, for the one cup coffee maker. We called the front desk to ask where the breakfast was and were told that there was no breakfast. and to top off an already wonderful morning we discovered there was only a single washcloth. grrr.

We got ready, went out, had breakfast at the restaurant next door and returned that afternoon. When we came back we discovered that the housekeeping staff had left us no coffee. I called the front desk, and went up there to get coffee. I get back to the room only to discover there were no coffee cups (for the coffee maker that uses the cup for a pot) I again called the front desk and went up again to get cups.

By this time, my family showed up and when we went to their rooms, we discovered that their rooms were just as bad. In other words, gross.

That night, Friday, when we went to bed it was hard to sleep as the restaurant next door had a band playing and we were treated to the loud thump thump of the music.

The next morning, my family, having spent a sleepless night was awake, working on getting their small children ready for the wedding that we were all in town for. When my son-in-law, who was staying in room 148 went to get in the shower he discovered that the shower was not working. He called the front desk and they said they would send someone over. He did not have time to wait as we had to get to the wedding, He went next door to his brother -in-law's room to shower.

The family staying in the room without a shower were only registered for a single night and not only had to get ready for the wedding, but had to have all their stuff packed up and out of the room as they were checking out that day. There was no time for a repairman to figure out what was wrong and repair it.

As the person paying for all the rooms, I went to the front desk to complain about the room with no shower. I asked for a refund and they offered $10. I refused as I did not feel that was fair.

That evening, after returning to the hotel from after the wedding we found our towels stacked on the desk and not in the bathroom. We put them where they belonged and checked ot see if we had coffee. (we did) and as we laid down to sleep we were again regaled with the thump thump of the band playing next door and fell asleep to the loud music.

When we woke the next morning we were so dissatisfied with the hotel, the staff and everything about the stay we were at our wit's end. To top things off there were again, no coffee cups in the room. Grrr.

I went to the front desk to get my receipts and did not even receive an apology for all that had gone wrong.

The family that owns this has no idea what customer service means, they only care about making money and not customers for life.

One other thing to be aware of was the people who are hanging around at night. Very seedy looking people. Very scary looking and I am suspicious that there were drug deals happening in the parking lot out back.

My final word of advice, Stay away from this dump!

When we woke the ne