“Quality.... Now that's a laugh....BEWARE”
Review of Ashlan Inn

Ashlan Inn
Ranked #61 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Hacienda Heights, California
“Quality.... Now that's a laugh....BEWARE”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed here for one night while passing through from Yosemite. Big mistake...the rooms are very dated and poorly maintained. Old drapes that barely closed,noisyAC, furniture and carpet in need of replacement. This is the kind of place you are afraid to stay in because you might take some bugs home, or get sick from. Very disappointed with everything there including management.
Do yourself a favor and drive to another city to stay. BEWARE AND BE WARNED

Room Tip: Don't stay there don't even ask
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 July 2013

AVOID at all costs. I have stayed here once before and only because it is convenient to business accounts I call on. It is dated and poorly managed. I thought I could stay there again for 1 night because of convenience but the counter person required my credit card billing address!?! Called it company policy?!? I had 4 pieces of ID all in my name, California drivers license, credit card, AAA card and a choice privileges card (chain card for a number of hotels with Quality Inn being one of them).

I have stayed in 5 other Quality Inns in the last 10 days and no one else asked for that information! 3 in Nevada and 2 in California.

Here is the problem, if you give them your billing information then there is nothing to stop them from going on ANY website and buying products or services or worse yet SELLING the information to anyone they want!!! Am I paranoid......not in todays world of credit card fraud.

So I refused to provide that information and the guy behind the counter said I could call customer service but they would say the same thing he told me and he would still charge me for a "no show"!

I called customer service and they called the hotel on my behalf and THEY were told by the counter guy the same thing!!! Bottom line is just avoid the potential credit fraud and headache and go ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

I did go somewhere else that night and it was another Quality Inn about 5 miles away and they did NOT ask for any billing information. The room was nice and the lady behind the counter was even nicer.

As I write this the issue is still pending but both the hotel chain and my credit card company have said that they will be involved on my behalf until it is resolved.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark916
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and that was more than enough to review this place. Quality Inn is a misnomer for this dump. There is absolutely no quality any where. Rooms are pretty bad and poorly maintained. The bathroom was shabby and the towels were threadbare. The whole place reeked of neglect. They said that b/f will be served in the room because of some renovation work. The B/f was no better, just some cold rolls and a fruit. The management here has to really do something about the whole place or change the name to " Shabby Inn"

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rajukaruna
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This place is a dump. Should be closed down. The room rinked of mold. My sheets had yellow stains and were wrinkled, most likey reused. The housekeepers carts were poorly stocked, and I wouldn't trust their cleaning skills. I walked past the laundry room and it was a disgusting pile of crap. How they have made it this far is beyond me. The walls were servely water damaged, indicating the reason for the smell of mold. Which is dangerous. The lobby was a joke. I would never recommended this place. I suggest you sleep in your car and bathe with baby wipes before spending a dime on this run down dump.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jo2013b
Newcastle, California
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel has shabby rooms that do not feel clean, threadbare towels, the most dismal complimentary breakfast I have ever seen (went to Starbucks down the road), and is near train tracks which makes sleeping difficult. I was not expecting luxury accomodations by any stretch, but this was just subpar, there has to be better places to stay in a similar price range.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank holly32999
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The Quality Inn properties are highly variable. I'm a Platinum level member of the loylaty program, so I am confident that I have seen a wide range of properties, at least throughout the western US. This is by far the worst place for which I have paid over $70 for a room. By far.

The check in process was shameful. Unprofessional at best.

This property lowers the standard for the Quality Inn segment. It is old, beat up and would best be categorized as an Econo Lodge in my judgment. Outside doors, here, for example.

The room smelled musty, had ONE lamp, had water damage on the ceiling, had a damaged air return grill, had peeling wallpaper, the trim needs paint, the sink had no functioning pop-up... Too many things to list. AND their sign was tagged.

No breakfast at this property. This first time EVER that I have paid this much for an awful room and for the price didn't get so much as a bowl of stale Raisin Bran and weak coffee.

I read some of the positive reviews for this property and I can't imagine at which property they stayed.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tom K
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The first room had an ugly stain in the sink, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned. I tried to scrub it with a washcloth and poked a hole right through the porcelain. We were moved to another room. In the second room, the heater could not heat the room. It was about 40 degrees that night, and probably only about 50-55 in the room. We were offered extra blankets; we insisted on a warm room. We were shown one more room, which smelled awful. We were refused a refund, although we did not spend the night. This hotel is far below the standards of a major national chain and should be avoided. If you must stay here, inspect your room first!!

• Stayed January 2013