“Food and customer service”
Review of The Hotel Fresno

The Hotel Fresno
Ranked #44 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Seattle, Washington
“Food and customer service”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I travel extensively for work, and I have stayed in many hotels. I found the Radisson Inn located in Fresno, California to be equal in customer service and their willingness to assist with any needs the customer might have. Specifially, Eric Cavanagh who helped me with my bags and drove me to the airport was really great! He was really polite and was willing to help me with any issues I had regarding my flight. With that said, I have a very important complaint which may affect my choice of hotels the next time I am in the Fresno area.

The food was terrible! Specifically, the breakfast buffet. The overall quality and taste was just bad. Because there are not alot of other choices near the hotel, one is basically stuck with staying in the hotel. The dinner was " alright" but not what I would have expected for a higher end hotel. PLEASE do something with the quality of food being prepared. I am considering not coming back to the hotel.

If you would like to contact me with a more in depth convesation, please don't hesitate to contact me. I appreciate your interest and look forward to future correspondence with you.

Karen Gamel 253-243-7779

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kgamel1960

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed here for a business trip for 2 nights; it looks okay from the outside, then you look at the surrounding area and wonder: "is my car safe at night? Will it get broken into?" and, "should I walk outside after the sun has lowered?"

The room's AC didn't seem to cool the room, which seemed to be the only problem at first. Then as I'm laying in bed, I see something moving out of the corner of my eye. Two little worms are in the bed. TWO. Wriggling and squiggling about. No bigger that a decent-sized eyelash, but GROSS. I asked them to switch rooms and they obliged; I checked the next bed and it seemed okay. Then as I pulled up the sheet to go to bed, a baby spider ran across.

But wait, there's more! The toilet in the new room would not flush either.

Although the customer service was fine, one night was comped, I will never, ever, stay here again. Bugs in the bed is disgusting and should just not happen. Period.

• Stayed April 2013
Kristen P, Director of Sales at The Hotel Fresno, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire Park Inn by Radisson Staff, I want to extend my apologies to you for the issues you had during your stay with us.

We have contacted our pest control partner to further investigate the problem you encountered in your room. To date, we have no knowledge of any pest control issues throughout our entire property.

It was brought to our attention that our front desk staff made immediate accommodations for you in another room of our property, which you also found in adequate.

We hope that each one of our guests gives us the opportunity to rectify any issues they encounter during their stay.

I am also aware that one night room and tax was adjusted from your final bill because of the inconveniences experienced during your stay.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our hotel at anytime to speak with one of our managers.

Best Regards,
The Management Staff at the Park Inn by Radisson Fresno

Travellers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I have previously stayed at the Four Points on business and for pleasure. This trip was for pleasure and I hate to repeat myself but this is the quietest business class hotel I have found. The grounds and rooms are lovely and condusive to work or just sit or visit quietly. The staff are so professional and did an extra favor for us above and beyond. We had a patio this trip and so enjoyed coffee and paper and visiting just outside our beautiful room. Thank you to Park Inn and hope to come back very soon.

Room Tip: Mention you like it quiet and kid free.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Bad experience with this hotel. Stayed here with my family for one night. This hotel was previously run by Four Points Sheraton, but now is by Radisson. There is no lift from ground to second floor so all of my family members were struggling to bring our heavy luggage up to stairs. The layout of this hotel is basically a maze, all buildings are constructed around the pool in the center, but without clear sign. Decoration is out-of-dated and the bathroom has a broken tub. In my parent's room, lights bulbs were with different colors, in my room, light was dead. Overall, I would suggest you not to stay here unless your budget is tight.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CMYang
California
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I stayed here several times when it was the 4 Points Sheraton. Last month was my first stay as a Radisson and it's been a couple years since I was at the hotel.

The good part first: Reasonable rates, decent breakfast, quiet bar with a friendly bartender, decent rooms, close to several good restaurants (I highly recommend Don Pepe Taqueria at Blackstone and Gettysburg, get the cerveza preparada and shrimp cocktail.)

The bad part: The neighborhood has declined terribly over the years. A group of Japanese tourists were robbed when they walked across the street to the Hometown Buffet. Coming back from dinner, the parking lot was full of police and the desk clerk told us what happened. Fortunately no one was hurt.

I will stay here again when I'm in town, I have always liked the hotel. Definitely be cautious if you're venturing out at night. I've never had any issues on the property, but all bets are off once you hit the sidewalk.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mpas7
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We found the Park Inn was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the restaurant on site was very good but the best part was the pool and jacuzzi in the courtyard was a great place to hang out after a busy day of conferences and meetings. The downsides are the location in a run down section of town and the busy street. Luckily you have everything you need right at the hotel. For a budget place- the hotel was an excellent buy for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the main street, facing the pool and the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Berkshire
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Lovely Large clean modern room. Location fine for one night. Food really good and tasty and a good selection of beer. We had Room 211 (the bathroom vent could do with a clean - otherwise spotless), ground floor overlooking the pool. It was superb. The waitress/server Barbara P in Smugglers was really attentive and very accommodating, she couldn't do enough for you. FREE continental breakfast was nice but could do with more toasters as one 4 slice is not enough. I also asked for tea and didn't get it. Loved the ducks :), Nice beds and free Wifi.

Room Tip: Ground Floor, Back of Property, Overlooking the Pool
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family