“Rooms nicer than the outside impression gives.”
Review of The Hotel Fresno

The Hotel Fresno
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Looked outdated when we first arrived but the rooms were really nice. Only stayed one night as part of a tour. Had our evening meal which was very nice. As with a lot of places in America, my daughter's nut allergy was not taken seriously. When she asked if she could eat the bread that was put on the table the server said "I don't know" and made no attempt to find out. Bar staff were also rude and abrupt at the start but better as the evening went on.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for The Hotel Fresno

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Check in with Rachel at front desk was very seamless, quick, and professional even with one person handling all phone and front desk traffic, not to mention excellent uniform and personal appearance. All information was quickly provided without request, including wifi login, parking, room, and restaurant locations. The room is clean with current television, desk, furniture etc......As a frequent traveler I would recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here with family as part of the package tour. The room was comfortable. The swimming pool was good which added to the view from the room. Breakfast wasn't served and we had on the way as part of our tour.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Wanted to get into my seminar room to finish setting up last night at 7:15. Luis met me over there to be of service. So attentive and helpful. Then he said he'd see me at 7am the next morning. What time does your shift end, I asked. It had ended at 7, yet he had stayed and patiently helped me, never saying a word about the time. Luis is couteois, attentive and professional!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed here as part of our tour around California for one night and that was enough. When we arrived at our room there was a double bed for my daughter and myself. Having requested a twin room a few months ago we went to reception and asked politely for the twin. The receptionist was extremely rude and said there were none available and told us we could have a roll out bed!!! We were very tired so went for a meal and when we got back two hours later the bed still hadn't arrived so we went back to the receptionist and explained that we were still waiting. She again was very rude to us!! The roll out bed eventually arrived and was very uncomfortable. The man who delivered the bed was lovely and very helpful. My daughter was so upset by the receptionists rude attitude that she wrote to the manager. She got a very nice letter back and we are hoping that the receptionist learns some people skills, although it doesn't take really take lessons to be polite!! And to cap it all another of our family had a knock on his door at 1am from security who didn't even tell him why!!! What a hotel! The only good thing about the hotel is that there is a great buffet across the road and quite cheap. I'm just pleased that we were only staying here for one night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela G
Kristen P, Director of Sales at The Hotel Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

There may have been some confusion as to the request you made regarding the room type.

We are sorry that you had an unpleasant encounter with our front desk and more importantly that the exchange between you and the member of our front desk staff you were dealing with upset not only you but your daughter.

Our primary goal here is the Park Inn by Radisson Fresno is to insure that every guest is happy and comfortable with their accommodations.

We are not sure why you had a knock on your door so late but I can assure you that we are working diligently to insure that a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Our touropperator booked this hotel for us. They named the hotel Radisson Park Inn. Not the hotels mistake but Park Inn by Radisson is not a Radisson.

Room itself was nice and clean. This appartment style complex is a little outdated. What seemed like the only other guests, were a bus full of Japanese guests. Room faced the pool. Everything was very peaceful.

No breakfast served. Not that we needed it, but there is no elevator to the second floor in the building we stayed at.

Shopping mall and cinema across the street.

Would stay here again if the price was right.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor facing the pool. This way there is no one above you and you will not hear the road...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hotel365Stay
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Checked in for one night as part of a tour enroute to Vegas. The aircon in the corridor was so noisy that we could hear it in our room.

Then as I got into the shower. I realised halfway through that there were no bath towels! Made a call to the housekeeping (picked up by the front desk) who took down my room number and told me they will get it sent to me. 10 minutes later I got out of the shower and made a second call. They checked back my room number and said the towels were on its way. By my third call another 10 minutes later, the front desk told me to hold on and hung up on me. Now, im stuck in the shower and dripping wet, I made one last call minutes later and the front desk now told me that they've run out of towels.

So I decided that I should let my tour leader know that my room was never given any towels lest our check out is jeopardized the next morning. My tour leader decided to speak to the front desk directly and when he called me back, he told me that he was told that the housekeeping had not done their job and that the front desk is now rectifying it by sending towels to all the rooms with no towels. (by now, towels have MAGICALLY appeared when 15 minutes ago I was told they ran out of towels)

Appalling enough to be lied time and again from the beginning when the towels were on its way to me up till the point in time when they magically appear after apparently running oyt of towels. Very bad experience. Disappointed and upset!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bagat27
Kristen P, Director of Sales at The Hotel Fresno, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson Fresno we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at our hotel. I have addressed the issues concerning the shortage of towels with our housekeeping team and front desk staff.