“Great rooms in unsafe neighborhood”
Review of The Hotel Fresno

The Hotel Fresno
Ranked #51 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Rooms are std. starwood rooms but location feels unsafe. Very dark parking lots and lobby not connected to rooms. After checking in, need to drive and re-park to the nearest entrance of your room.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 January 2010

The neighborhood didn't seem the best so I didn't want to walk to dinner. The rooms were nice, large, and clean. There was also free internet and a free bottle of water in the room. The rate included the American breakfast in the morning that was suprisingly really nice and tasty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I came in late at night. I had to haul my luggage upstairs and then upon check in was told to walk back down the stairs, down a dark outside corridor (with sprinklers on), and haul my stuff up 2 more flights of stairs and to my room. The room was an average four points and was clean. It is not in a good area and is not convenient to the airport. Free internet is a nice feature.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We stayed one night at the Four Points in Fresno. Our room was clean and in good all round conditon. Parking was easy enough and the front desk was helpful. For the money we paid the Four Points was a decent stay and we would definitely stay there again if we find ourselves passing through Fresno

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I went to Fresno to go visit a friend. The front desk staff, Jenny and Art, really made me feel at home. The provided me information to the surronding area. Everytime I walked my the lobby they great me by name. In addition, to great detail to attention, they were also able to extend my stay with no problem. I was surprise at the room I recieved. It was much larger then I expected. It was bigger then most hotels I have stayed at. The pool was fantastic. The breakfast buffet was okay, but overall wonderful stay! Thank you Jenny and Art for making me feel at home! :)

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2009

There are not a lot of great hotel options in Fresno and that should be kept in mind when visiting this town. It is terribly hot during the summer months and persistently foggy during the winter -- Fresno cannot be a resort destination because of its weather. But sometimes one has other reasons to stay there. Fresno does have a lot of mature trees in the older sections of town, including the section where the Four Points is located. This is an older property with a fine spacious courtyard where the pool is located, and lots of mature trees everywhere. The pool and courtyard where gave the property more of a resort feel than can be obtained anywhere else in town, that I know of. My kids and I enjoyed the pool, which was clean, relatively cool and uncrowded, during the heat of the day.

The room was sufficiently but not sparkling clean and the beds were up to Sheraton standards. Our first floor room stayed cool even with the air conditioning off. When operating, the a/c was on the quiet side and enhanced a good night's rest for all. I've stayed in other places in town and despite its less-than-upscale neighborhood, this is my favorite so far. If it were located near Woodward Park, I'd rate it five stars, relatively speaking, for Fresno.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I can't believe the reviews preceding this one! The only guess I can make, is that my room was in an updated section, maybe, or they did some work between your stay and mine. I am fairly picky, but I really liked this place, and so did my best bud (in the adjoining room). We nearly changed our schedule to come back again later on our trip, in fact!

The staff is prompt and friendly. The rooms are very quiet, spacious, and well-appointed. Everything works the way it is supposed to; the TV is new and nice, and there's a fridge beneath the extra sink outside the bathroom.

Any mom on a lengthy road trip with kids will tell you, sooner or later, you gotta do laundry. This was my first chance in 9 days to use the coin-op facilities, because nobody else had any. The laundry room was hot (no kidding) and full of flies, probably because some fool left a room service tray full of dried, congealed, former food right outside the laundry room door. This was the only thing keeping this facility from a perfect score in my book.

My pal Barb didn't have a pile of laundry, so she and her daughter got to use the big, beautiful pool, which was right outside our room! My son took himself to the fitness center and pronounced it excellent.

The beds were comfy and had lots of pillows. The wake-up call was prompt. There was a nice desk with a comfy chair for me to recharge my cell and call home for messages. Nothing here, from the comfy, overstuffed chair, to the lamps, to the electronics, seemed even slightly out-of-date. Well okay....the restaurant needs a new carpet...but even there, the food was delish. Stay here! If you are coming to Fresno, it's easy to find, an easy trip back to the freeway, it's across from a mall, right beside a gas station, and it's a terrific place to get a surprisingly quiet night's sleep!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family