“Disgusting”

Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Traverse City, Michigan
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The carpet was old and dirty. I felt like I should leave my shoes on. The bathroom was dirty and the shower and walls needed to be cleaned. Bathroom walls were very dirty and stained. Needed cleaning and painting. The room had a very bad smell. I stay at a lot of cheaper, chain hotels and I don't expect much but this one was disgusting. I would never stay there again. At checkout the desk clerk said they were in the process of remodeling and hadn't gotten to that room yet. I stayed midweek and there were very few rooms rented out. The place was almost empty. If they are remodeling I should have been given a remodeled room instead of the one I had. Even if they hadn't remodeled it yet it shouldn't have stunk. I can't comment on the continental breakfast. I wanted out of the hotel as soon as I could so I didn't eat the breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Owner/manager gave us a great discount. As soon as we walk in our room, it smell like a punjabi food. It wasn't pleasant at all. Additionally, it was hot! A/C is full blast but couldn't cool the room. Cause of it, management decided to control the thermostat at very high deg and place that on top of the outside temperature. A/C will shut off at preprogrammed thermostat temp. Another thing, what the heck a big spider doing in our room? Yeah right! How can other reviewers possibly give this hotel a perfect star? Favor most likely.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Travelers330
Elk Grove, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We have been staying at the Super 8 for the past 7+ years. Location is perfect, walking distance to the convention center and convenient for early morning practices for my daughter. The price is right and rooms are very nice and clean. Employees are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business