“Worst Residence INN”

Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California
“Worst Residence INN”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is the worst Residence Inn I've encountered. Staff is friendly yes. The internet is terrible and I had to go down to the front desk 4 times because my card wasn't working. On top of that you have to pay for laundry with a dryer that doesn't dry. My laundry is still drying 8 dollars later on my little free time, I bet its still not dry. I'm listening to 2 chainz btw

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chico, California, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stay here frequently when in Fresno, and especially appreciate the full suite with kitchen. I get to pick up food at Whole Foods, and have a "home-like" dinner. Clean, spacious suites. Good customer service. Full breakfast included. Evening reception's offerings remind me of a school cafeteria, though.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about the Residence Inn Fresno. We have great respect for every guest’s experience. and feedback. You kind comments about the "spacious suites" and "good customer service" are much appreciated as well as the feedback on the evening social hour offerings. It is only through such feedback we are able to continually learn.

Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to the Fresno area.
Burlingame, California
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Nice property located right off the freeway. Convenient location with a lot of dining options within driving distance. The rooms are nice and roomy. Can't comment on the fitness room or the breakfast provided. My biggest complaint about the hotel is the spotty wi-fi. This made it difficult for me to get work done.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Duc N
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Many thanks for your review. I am sorry you experienced issues with our internet service. I know it is very important to have a reliable service. We are in the process of upgrading our service as well as speed.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to Fresno.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Staff:
When I made my reservation, I was courteously assisted by Derek, who took time to explain the hotel's amenities.  He was patient when I asked my usual questions regarding the hotel and the surrounding community.  Upon checking in, I was efficiently assisted by Lauren, who explained the breakfast and weekday afternoon snack schedules.

Lobby and Premises:
The hotel lobby looked and smelled clean.  The manager shared that the hotel underwent a renovation in 2012.  I toured the facility and was glad that there is a fitness center with free weights and a bench.  The fitness center had water, generous amounts of towels, and the room, as well as the exercise equipments, were clean.

The Room:
I checked into room 302 and was very pleased that it looked new: carpets, furniture, kitchenette, fridge, and appliances.  It does not look worn out; it is tastefully decorated with walls painted in opposing colors that provide a clean and bright room (similar to what you see in a Martha Stewart magazine).  The work desk is wide with generous amounts of outlets to plug in,  or re-charge, various types of electronic devices.  The room I had faced the driveway entrance and was quiet.  The queen bed was comfortable and clean.  Also, if you like fresh air, you can open the windows in the room.

Breakfast:
Plentiful and with variety during the workweek.  Each morning you have fruit, waffles, yoghurt, cereal, eggs, and meat.

I had an excellent four night stay.  Indeed, I will return to this hotel when I am in Fresno.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DancerCommander
Many thanks for your review, we appear to have met your expectations. Thank you for your very detailed review. The hotel was renovated from top to bottom last year and we are proud of your product. Also thank you for the kind comments about our staff, they truly make the hotel shine.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to Seattle.

Oakhurst, California, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I booked on line. I ask for a first floor room. I called 2 days a head to confirm. They told me they room the day of arrival. But, they did say my comment was on my reservation. I checked in on 2-15-13 around 730 pm. The front desk agent was very friendly and had a great smile! You could tell he loved his job! After checking in we went to our room. It was amazing. Of course i was on the 1st floor as requested.The room was updated, clean and fresh! The kitchen was a nice touch with everything you need. The bed and the pillows were so comfortable. I didnt use any of the amenties because i fell ill. But, i am sure it was just as awesome as the front desk agent and the room itself! I will definitly come back again. Kodos to all the staff at the residence inn! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your experience while with us in February. Your compliments to our staff are appreciated as well as your thoughtful comments about our suites. The hotel was fully renovated in 2012 and we are very proud of our product.

Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.

Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Nice facility - a little close to the highway so you will hear some traffic noise if on that side of the facility. We only stayed 2 nights but were happy. The only negative I can recall was the WiFi did not reach our room (112) so I had to go to the lobby to work.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2012

We stayed there because fresno is central to the best places in California. Yosemite national park and sequoia national park are an hour away. Those trees are a must see! The kitchenette is awesome for preparing for your day excursion. Costco is close by so its easy to stock up on a weeks snacks. Breakfast is great something different everyday on the hot food! They also have free drinks and snacks during happy hour 6-9! Only set back was they were not willing to upgrade you if you booked with expedia!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TravellingCynja
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Hello Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us at the Residence Inn Fresno. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area.

All the best,