“Hey! It's Fresno”

Best Western Plus Fresno Inn
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Look, this is not San Francisco, it's Fresno. This section of the city is not pretty. In fact, some might think its a little ruff. But the hotel has security in the parking lot. I never felt unsafe while I was there. The hotel is comfortable, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is okay, and the king suite was very nice. The value is good, and if one needs a break when traveling the Golden State, this hotel will do.

Room Tip: Go with the king suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fresno Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

On behalf of the Best Western Plus Fresno Inn I would like to thank you for your recent review. We appreciate the positive points that you mentioned during your trip to Fresno. We're glad that you chose your accommodations wisely and hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The beds are wonderful and the peacefulness was a gift after the last noisy hotel (not Best Western). Breakfast was delicious with eggs and bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, waffles and more. Service was great as we needed more pillows.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Cynthia. Thank you for contributing this lovely review. We strive for Care and Service and I'm very happy to know that my staff and facility fit your travel needs. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Good Host and staff make the end of a 8 hour drive trip from Brisbane a welcome site to relax and unwind. Good service with in room or at the resterant on site and the food is just great. the rooms are comfy and clean but showing thier age - no problems with the TV or internet so that is all good . I saw the plans for the Modernisation / update for the Motel - this going to be a smart bit of kit when done - keep up the good work guys and see you when I am back up that part of the State.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello David. I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent review. It seems that this review is for our sister Airport Hotel but we are indeed affiliated with them. I will pass on the good kudos and will also advise Trip Advisor to move the review to their site. They deserve the credit for serving you well sir. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

It was close to food and drink. I had a suite up on the third floor with a nice view. The room was big and well situated. Didn't have to worry about someone walking around above me. The staff was very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Claudia. I just wanted to thank you for your recent review on behalf of the Fresno Airport Inn (our sister property). This review was routed to my hotel section due to their current remodel/ independent status. I will make sure this review finds them well. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

What a treat! From Randy at the front desk, to the quiet little pool area, the nearby residential neighborhoods, and the easy drive to Trader Joe's, we were delighted to crash here when we had to stay in Fresno unexpectedly one night due to extended business in the area. We were on the first floor, so carting in our luggage was easy. Loved the 1-piece black out curtain on the window as I am sensitive to light while sleeping. The sofa in the room was a plus as we got in early & had time to lounge about. We would recommend this spot & stay here again anytime we need a room in Fresno.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Jo I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your August stay and review. I also appreciate the kind words and commending of my Front Desk Agent. We are proud and honored to serve guests like you. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

After a long day's travel and some difficulty finding the hotel (E Shaw vs Shaw) thanks to the GPS, I can say it was a pleasant stay. The area is quite busy being near a shopping mall but the bustle did not carry over into the hotel. The building is ordinary with lots of parking. The clean lobby was on the small size with a seating space and area with computers and printer. Check in was slow but without problems. Had a room on second at end of hall so was quiet.
The room was a good size though of odd design with bathroom (toilet and shower) separated from the sink near the entrance. The microwave and minifridge were basically beside the sink making it somewhat crowded. They were functional though along with the flatcreen tv (no HD), thermostated climate control (not too noisy) and WiFi. The bed was comfortable, clean and a good sleep was had.
The breakfast area was a little cramped with typical selections. Check out was a little slow but without issue. All in all to be recommended and would go back next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I had never been to Fresno before and needed to a place to stay while a new transmission was being installed in my car which had broken down on I-5 . Neighborhoods in Fresno can be dicey. Since I was alone I wanted a place where I would feel safe.The property is quiet and I felt perfectly safe on the 3rd floor. The hotel has been recently renovated. It was over 100 outside and the AC worked well. I had a room with a queen bed. The room was fine for me, but it would have been pretty cozy for 2 people. My only gripe is with a previous guest of the room (see photo). WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? Scratching anything in a public space is rude, tacky and is like a dog peeing on a tree. Citizens of the world, when you travel, PLEASE take only photos and leave only foot prints.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo