“Excellent motel”

Garden Inn and Suites
Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I would highly recommend the Garden Inn & Suites. I would definitely stay here again.

PROS: Friendly proprietors, not exorbitant prices, clean grounds with inviting landscaping, clean, spacious rooms; rooms are quiet; nice continental breakfast with fruit selections beyond the ordinary.

CONS: Refrigerator in our room was very loud, had to unplug to sleep; for me the bed was a bit uncomfortable but it is hard to find the perfect bed at any motel. I didn’t like the policy of scanning my credit card and driver’s license. Driver’s license should be for I.D. and credit card should be swiped through card reader for payment, but neither item should be scanned. That said, they did delete my scanned credit card and driver’s license from their computer upon my request.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank N0rCal_2010

Reviewed 6 October 2010

We were looking for a place to stay in Fresno, on our honeymoon, on the way to Yosemite.
There were not a lot of choices for Romantic Inns in Fresno. But I saw this on the website and have to admit Jamie and her husband have created a beautiful garden spot here.
The rooms are big and spotless. He took us around and let us taste fruit from the over 50 varieties they have growing on site. In spite of the fact it sits on highway, the rooms are quiet. We went back and stayed on our way home. It felt like home. This is a great place with great people. You will like your stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

The grounds are delightful, filled with roses and other folliage. Each room had a balcony or small patio (not much use in August in Fresno), but very nice. The pool was clean and fresh. The room was great with a small refridgerator and microwave as well as very comfortable bed. Close to the freeway, but totally quiet in the room. The staff was helpful and pleasant. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nandunoon56
Reviewed 7 July 2010

In hotel business, you will be guaranted with a wonderful stay if it's run by a family. I have skipped those chain hotels with number in their names. Glad to settle with Garden Inn and Suites. The breakfast is superb. The owners are very friendly, and they care about your feelings. I will definetely come back in the future. It's very close to highway but didn't get much noise.

Next door is underground garden. The visit will be less attractive than its name. but not bad if you have a few hours to spend in Fresno.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2010

A nice surprise, arrived late at night, owners couldn't have done more to help. A lovely find close to a busy main road, the gardens were in tip top condition, a little oasis in a busy city, home grown fruit with breakfast very tasty, wish we could have stayed longer, rooms a little old fashioned but very clean with everything you need including a jacuzi. Just the job during our tour of California.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Well this wasnt not previously a Howard Johnson's like someone else had stated. The owner actually built this Hotel from the ground up and he did an amazing job. The grounds are gorgeous with beautiful flowers surrounding the entire building. Fresh fruit trees are also surrounding the hotel where they actually get their fresh fruit for the complimentary breakfast.
The owner (a husband and wife) were amazing they are very friendly and went above and beyond to make our group feel at home. It was nice being able to support such a great couple instead of a regular hotel chain.
I would highly recomend them if you are visiting Fresno!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I stayed here on a work trip for three days and nights and was very pleased with the staff and accommodations. I did not know about the morning breakfast so I was both surprised and happy to have it. The owners and their staff (two cleaning ladies) were very accommodating and easy to deal with. The owners tend to the whole thing themselves. Including the preparation of breakfast, which includes seasonal fruit grown on trees that are beautifully maintained at the inn. This is a small family run place that is not overly busy like the big chains can get. Only days before staying here I had stayed at a four star chain and received lesser service than I did here. Worth every bit, if I find myself in Fresno again I will be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business