“Fantastic service and a great room.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

As usual, a few pros and cons here. The pros were fantastic staff who checked us in, recommended a great bar and turned on the AC whilst we went and drank in it. Clean rooms, safe, pool and hot tub. Free cookies and fruit.

The only con was the AC was too loud to leave on while we slept, otherwise it gets 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed one night as my husband and I were flying out of Fresno to Hawaii. Jessica was very nice and has great customer service. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Hotel was located near the freeway in a good location, plenty of parking. Good continental breakfast, very fresh fruit. And yummy cookies at Reception desk. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel based on the very reasonable price and proximity to Sequoia National Park and Yosemite Narional Park (a little less than 2 hour drive for each). I am always nervous about staying at a hotel in an unfamiliar area, but we were very pleased. It is in a nice area with easy access to the highway. Although the property itself could use a little updating, it is very clean and the the front desk staff went above and beyond for us. Jessica and Jessie were so friendly and helpful with their recommendations of places to go for dinner. I honestly cannot remember the last time I've stayed at a hotel where I felt that comfortable, and the staff was that friendly and helpful. If we are ever in the area again, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013

First, I was greeted by excellent staff. Very friendly and well mannered, as if I was staying in a 5 star hotel. My room was big. The sheets were clean. The bed was comfortable. I was happy after being 5 days into our summer roadtrip. I slept well here. Breakfast was nice. I wish they had more fresh fruit, though. For the price, it's an excellent value. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I keep coming back to this hotel. Not only is it clean and friendly, it's also pretty reasonable. I TOTALLY recommend this hotel you won't be disappointed.I was here visiting my family from out of town and Amber the front desk clerk is awesome!.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

It isn't quite up to Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard standards, but has all the same great amenities. However, it is cheaper so you kind of getting what you pay for. Location is really great and is really convenient. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

Pros
- Located right off the freeway. Lots of local amenities.
- Free Breakfast- It is hard to complain about free.
- Flat screen TV- lots of great channels
- Bed was pretty comfy
- Cookies at Check in
- Small computer in the front with a printer for free
- Free wifi

Cons
- Carpet, walls, bathrooms, elevators, etc all need some replacement or upgrading, but it wasn't in disarray or falling apart.
- Common hallways weren't air conditioned.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Great place to stay, easy location to find, the hotel and rooms are in good condition. Jessica was very friendly and knowledgable about the surrounding area. She even printed off directions to Yosemite for us. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends