“Score based on lack of cleanilness”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Smithfield
“Score based on lack of cleanilness”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

First let me say that the employees of this hotel are friendly, pleasant and eager to please. The hotel is not clean as my pictures will show. The carpet had nasty looking stains, the bathroom tile grout was black with mold in places and the comforters on the beds were stained, YUCK! The employees can't change these things that are obviously poor management. Breakfast was good. I would not stay again, nor would I recommend it. We are on a cross country trip so I'll have many more reviews before this trip is over.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear RhondaP2,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed given issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

This hotel will be under-going major renovations starting September where everything will be designed with our new Country Inn's prototype.

I request you to contact me at the hotel so we could talk about your experience. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We spent a few days at this nice hotel in Fresno, close to Yosemite National Park and absolutely loved the stay. Rooms were extremely comfortable and the kids enjoyed the spacious rooms as well as the indoor heated pool. Good selection of breakfast items. Family friendly place, highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great thanks to Patrick for finding us the right room after roughing it in Yosemite. The beds were comfortable and the room was good size. The breakfast was very good and you can not beat the location off the 41 Freeway if you are coming or going to Yosemite.

Room Tip: Make sure to confirm your room type of Queen, King or 2 Doubles room before you arrive.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My extended stay was very pleasant. I really enjoyed the breakfasts every morning and the coffee which was available all day. The bed was comfortable and the suite had plenty of room. Chantel was very helpful and kept the fresh baked cookies prepared! The staff always spoke and smiled. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Oakland, California
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stay here whenever I get the privilege of visiting Fresno. The beds are super comfortable and the rooms are clean and flow well and have nice flat screen televisions. I've gotten a different room all 6 times over the last 3 months and although they're slight variations to each one they all are clean and cozy. I'm always greeted w/ a smile and the check in process is fast and friendly. I mostly check in between 3p.m. and 6 p.m. so most of the time its my favorite Country Inn staff member Chantel Fox smiling at the counter. She reminds me to grab a couple of fresh baked cookies and has me checked in my room hassle free and confident that Country Inn was the right choice again and again.

Oh and I can't forget to mention how awesome the complimentary breakfast is. Omelets, sausage, biscuits, waffles an assortment of breads for toasting, fresh fruit and cereal. My son and I love the pool and spa too. The best value in Fresno. Real good cookies. Chantel is an all-star.

Room Tip: Room 120 has a large bush blocking the window keeping the room cooler and dark all day for late slee...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Kingsburg, California
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Thanks Chantel for the welcoming bag of granola bars and water. It was a pleasant surprise to begin our short stay. When we had questions or comments, you helped us as a professional without being stuffy. You were both friendly and sincere. As for the accommodations, they were beautiful and comfortable. We have stayed in Country Inn & Suites across the nation, literally, and have always loved it. When we have a choice, it is always easy to choose this beautiful chain of motels. And Fresno was up to par with the best we have stayed in, although this motel chain is consistent across the board with their accommodations and service. Thanks for having staff on board who are like Chantel F.

Fresno, California
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great place. Nice indoor pool. Very nice personnel. Especially Chantel Fox at the front desk who was extremely helpful. The surrounding area has everything you need. Liquor store within walking distance. Main stores like JCP and Target and Costco within a mile or so

• Stayed March 2014