“clean place, subpar staff”

Extended Stay America - Fresno - North
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“clean place, subpar staff”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I bought an Express Deal through Priceline for this hotel. When I called to ensure I could get a non-smoking room for my family (including a 3-year-old), I was told by the front desk (Christina) that a smoking room was what I got when I bought this deal, and she was not going to change me to a non-smoking room even though one was available. Priceline policies clearly state they cannot guarantee **availability** of a smoking/non-smoking room, not "you will be put in the least desirable room possible and you can make no changes". I said I'd need to speak to her manager before she finally relented. Someone should educate these fools that giving a discount doesn't give them free reign to treat paying customers so rudely. Otherwise, the room was pleasant and clean despite the loud footsteps of our upstairs neighbors.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Giancarlo S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The rooms are very clean and welcoming. The Manager Mary is very helpful and is there to help with your needs as a patron. I HIGHLY RECCOMEND...... There are 2 very good resturants across the street and an IHOP within walking distance....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jamesbestjr
Fresno, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was so pleased with this hotel. I used priceline and was worried That the bid process would lead me to a horrible hotel. Luckily I was given this hotel, which is only two minutes away from my job. The area is great. A shopping mall near by. Woodward park is only 2-3 miles away and many restaurants close by. The hotel staff was very friendly and the check in and check out prices was fast and easy. The hotel room itself was great! The full kitchen was amazing. There were even pans and cups in the cubbards ! Hardwood floors in the " kitchen" gave it an at home feel. The flat screen tv was very nice. The area where I put my clothing felt like an actual closet , which had a full ironing board and iron. The drape closed off the area which I really liked. The bathroom was very nice, Good sized tub and counter space was very roomy. The bed was a bit stiff , but it was expected. My only issue was that one of the lights flickered when I would turn it on. Other than that my stay was great. The area is very quiet, I didn't even hear any other guests. The price is so low for the deal ! I will stay again for sure !

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Lashae82193
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed here one night in July 2013 as I wanted to visit Yosemite National Park. I got a great deal off Hotwire and I found the Hotel centrally located, only just off the Freeway and it was fine as a base for me to visit Yosemite. The room was clean and comfortable. My only two complaints are that firstly the grab and go breakfast is terrible. Guys please improve your grab and go breakfast in all honesty you are better off not offering/advertising free breakfast if that is what you are going to serve up. Either improve it to a half decent standard or scrap it all together. The other gripe was when I checked in the young guy at the counter was sub standard. It's the first Hotel I have ever stayed in where I haven't been shown/told where my room is located (this is quite a large Hotel) I was just given the keys and spent the next 20 minutes trying to find the room. But all in all it is a good budget option for those visiting Fresno or Yosemite and want a budget offering.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank John_Sydney_Wildlife
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that the staff didn't offer you the service you expect and deserve upon check in. Please accept my apology as well as the grab and go breakfast. We value feedback and suggestions like the ones you provided so we can continually improve. Thanks to your comments, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at frw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Fresno, California
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed in Fresno to look for a house for one month. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood with all amenities all around including being close to Hwy 41.
If you want coffee don't go too late in the morning, 9am still have coffee but you might not have all of the fruit, cakes etc.
Wear slippers, carpets get dirty here, lots of dirt from pavement or construction workers??

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank patrick a
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Patrick - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and all of the amenities we had to offer. Still, I do apologize that the carpet in your room was dirty. Our maintenance staff is currently deep cleaning the carpeted areas in your room to ensure this does not affect guests in the future.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
San Diego, Ca
Reviewed 26 June 2013

There are a lot of options all around this hotel so I will not choose it again. I was tired and asked for a quiet room, I was placed in a room facing the freeway, no way would it be quiet. Asked for another room so I was placed in their only other open room right next to the office. OK, but when I got in the room it seemed clean enough but then I saw a large ball of hair in the trash in the bathroom, like someone cleaned out a hairbrush in the trash. Gross! I decided just to get to sleep since I had to leave early. In the morning I realized that the bathroom lacked shampoo or a hair dryer. It was 5am so the office was closed so I had to head out without the chance to wash my hair. Not what I would have expected. Overall there are better choices at the same price point. I would look for other choices!

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank urbanmamma
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and that our amenity policy was not communicated to you at check-in. Please know, we do offer a limited number of toiletries behind the front desk which is available to all of our guests upon request. As well, I will be speaking with my housekeeping staff about the importance of providing a clean room to all of our guests moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at frn@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Fresno hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I don't know what some of the low ratings are due to?! I have had a couple of different events out of town within the last few weeks & have been to a few different hotels....this one beats all of them by a mile! Check-in was a breeze & staff were very friendly & helpful! The place was clean, free from smells, and decorated very nicely! I enjoyed the mini kitchen and comfortable bed. The price was decent for what I consider a really nice hotel (this isn't the holiday inn) but regardless, I was still very impressed with the decent price & how nice the room looked. This is located near the nicer parts of Fresno and is near shopping and great restaurants. I enjoyed my stay & did not want leave! I plan on booking another stay with this same hotel in another location down south. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I choose the "studio" like room which I believe is the smallest room they have in the hote...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tr3653
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fresno - North, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your your room, specifically the kitchen and bedding. As well, I am glad that the staff took such great care of you and you found our location to be very convenient. I will definitely share your remarks with the entire team.