“Best Value in Fresno”

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Vallejo, CA
“Best Value in Fresno”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wrestling team stayed here while competing at a tournament at the convention center. It is the best value for what you pay for. I am a La Quinta member but the LQ near the convention center wanted to charge me $20/nite for a microwave & fridge. No thanks when I can get it at the Summerfield Inn for free.
The hotel location & the cleanliness of the rooms are very good. The sleep quality was average b/c of the traffic noise coming from the street. In hindsight, I should have requested our rooms to be at the back of the property as it is probably less noisy. But I'm superstitious as whenever we book Rooms 105 & 106, my team does well (booked here the last 3 years). Still, I was able to get a solid nite of sleep.
As far as service is concerned, Rick (owner) made sure our accommodations were EXCELLENT. The few times that I had a minor issue come up, he & his wife promptly resolved it. He also went above & beyond to make sure we were well taken of by opening the continental breakfast an hour early (6am as opposed to 7am) so we could make it to the tournament on time. The breakfast is graded an A-. Sure it's not an expanded continental breakfast, but it has more than your average continental (which consists of just pastries, coffee, & juice). The Summerfield had fruits, an abundance of yogurts, cereal, lots of juices, bagels, toast, & oatmeal. We filled up pretty good w/ this spread.
The only minor things that can be tweaked are more towels in the rooms & the cleanliness of the pool. The pool WASN'T despicable. Just some leaves & stuff on the pool bottom. That's it. The kids & I still took a dip in it for 30 minutes even tho it was ice cold!!
Again, the best value in all of Fresno. We are definitely coming back, but don't count on me telling the other coaches about this hidden gem. I want to make sure they have availability for me for next year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Culver City, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I checked out a few other places on the same street, but the Summerfield inn was one of the better ones. Well maintained and attractive from the outside. Rooms were pretty basic, but again we'll kept. It's seems they are remodeling which only means more improvements must be coming. I wasn't traveling with my dog that night so it was ok but the only negative is they do not allow pets!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here from Wisconsin in July, with my two sons while traveling to Yosemite Nat'l Park. The property is SUPER CLEAN. The room(130) was clean and comfortable. My only room complaint was that the bathtub bottom surface is slippery while taking a shower. Continental breakfast is VERY BASIC. But for the price paid o.k. We stayed on a Saturday night with a good amount of contractors trucks in the parking lot; but this Inn was very quiet. We would stay here again.The staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: We looked up this Inn on TripAdvisor before we stayed here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeep057
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed one night in the Summerfield Inn. We booked in the morning at 57$ per night, breakfast included. The room and the bathroom was clean but the refrigerator was a little bit unclean. We used the laundry and it was average (scraps of paper in the washer, dusty in the dryer). The dryer was not working well (it dried hard) so we made dry in the room after 2 attemps (1$ each). There is some laundry soap at the front desk.

The breakfast was basic (oatmeal, toast, jam, cereal, milk, coffee, fruits) and it's in a little kitchen room. The room was clean.

The front desk service was good : efficiant and welcoming.

The pool was clean, we used it in the evening and the street was noisy but the price room was good and it's not a real problem for us!

It is near the highway.

So good stay for one night!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth G
Around the world
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed for one night on my way from LA to Yosemite park, from the first look the room looks good and it was late and we were desperate to sleep, so I booked and payed a 79$++
When I went to the room I found food remain on the desk chair ??!! , and the bed cover has a very big blue stain ?! and when i remove it I found the blanket underneath has two holes on them ?!
The bed sheet was 100% polyester no cotton which itches me the whole night
I will never ever sleep there again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank M_Kewan
SummerfieldInn, Manager at Summerfield Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guest as their comments are vital to us to continue improving our accommodations. While the lack of service you have experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel their is no excuse for carelessness. The problems you have encountered with your stay have been brought to our attention, which will enable us to make all necessary improvements. Once again, we would like to take the time and apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Thank you again for letting us know how your stay was and thank you for staying with Summerfield Inn
Yuba City, California
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed. Room had fridge, microwave and coffee pot but no do not disturb sign or luggage stand. Had three chairs and a table and TV was okay. It has a pool and a complimentary breakfast. The way the set up is (U shaped), anytime anyone got in or out of a car it sounded like it was in front of my room. Could heard the guy in the next room snoring and there was racing on the street in front of the motel. It was close to food, shopping and gas. Not sure if I will stay there again. Maybe.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 10 June 2013

First, the plus side: The air conditioner in the room worked well (which was good, as the temp. was 103°F). The bed was firm, and the room had plenty of space to spread out. The plugs were easily accessible for my laptop, and the wifi worked great. The mini-fridge was great.

On the minus side: the walls are thin, and if you have a loud party next door, it may be a bit difficult to get to sleep. The card key didn't work reliably; it took me five tries to get the door open on a couple of occasions.

Location: There are some fast food places nearby, and access to state route 41 is easy. Otherwise, the hotel is in the midst of auto and tire stores. There's a Target down the street, as well as (further down) a 24-hour FoodMax grocery.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo