“Beautiful accomidation!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis
“Beautiful accomidation!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Wow! The renovation of this hotel was very well done. This is one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever stayed at. The proximity to the airport is fantastic. The grounds were well kept and clean. They have new grills to use out near the pool. They provide a very nice breakfast. The waffles were great. The only issue that I had was the sausage and gravy. They tasted very odd. My husband thought so as well, but everything else was exceptional. I would definately stay here again, if in the Fresno area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ginka P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel! Your breakfast comments are very well appreciated as they help us improve breakfast quality. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Utah
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Business trip with two nights in Fresno. Company selected the Best Western Plus due to the proximity to the airport. The property is well maintained. Check-in took less than five minutes; the entire front desk staff was courteous and professional.

The room was clean and the bed was the most comfortable I've ever found in any hotel (I discovered they had just replaced all of the mattresses; nonetheless, it was a great sleep). The room has standard amenities and was extremely clean. Food is available on-site; you're also within walking distance of several fast food eateries, and the complimentary shuttle will, on an as-available basis, drive you to just about anywhere you'd need to go (several great restaurants within five minute's drive).

When I asked the front desk where to run, they immediately recommended the dirt access road in front of the hotel. It runs east-west along McKinley, and parallels an irrigation/drainage canal. If you run west you can go as far as you want; simply follow the canal. After about 3 miles it will bend north (at Millbrook) into more residential areas, and continues for several miles after that. There are trees along McKinley, which provide some welcome shade.

Due to our work schedule we weren't able to visit the hotel restaurant or the pool; however, both looked inviting (restaurant had daily specials). The workout facility has several aerobic machines as well as some free weights (dumb bells). The business center had two computers and printer. And this was one hotel where the elevator bell had been somewhat muted; my room was near the elevator area and I never once heard the bell.

Whether you're looking for a hotel with access to the airport or Yosemite park, or just need a place to stay in Fresno, I recommend the Best Western. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a soft trail run in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side will face away from McKinley, which is a fairly busy street. Rooms on the n...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
It was my pleasure to share your lovely review with our entire hotel staff. Thank you for the detailed comments! Comeback soon.
Austin, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very happy with the changes and updates made since it was taken over from Marriott. The old hotel was outdated and the service was not the best. When I heard it was taken over by Best Western I decided to try it again. We use this hotel as an overnight stop to catch our early flight from Fresno. The staff was courteous, the rooms were much nicer than before, the updates and decor are much more appealing and pleasant. The shuttle was very timely and overall I was quite pleased with my stay. My only complaint is that I thought the price point was a bit higher than it should've been.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ginka P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for the time to give us your feedback! We are really happy with the new updated hotel.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the new hotel as well.
Thank you!
Carlsbad
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very nice hotel and convenient to the Fresno Airport. Very clean facilities and room and pleasant staff. Will stay there again when in area. Breakfast food was very good as well. Was expecting continental style but had good warm food and other options, bresh brewed coffee, bagels, cereal, eggs, and bacon too. Great place.

1 Thank Ron A
Thank you, glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast! We are constantly trying to improve the food quality and food presentation. Come back soon!
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
Reviewed 25 May 2014

stayed here the night before we flew home because we wanted to be close to the airport for our 5:30 am flight. Hotel is a very short 3-5 minutes from the hotel. The hotel itself is nicely decorated and the rooms are comfortable and clean and the bathroom big and spacious. My only problem was the noise, It was like they didn't sound proof anything. I could hear my husband and step son talking in the parking lot and we were on the 4th floor, and any time one of us used the bathroom you could hear Everything! The a/c unit sounded like a jet plane taking off and landing in our room and we ran it to drown out the noise from the traffic going by and the wind whistling through our window which must have had a crack in it somewhere. Over all a nice convenient location, we left to early to try the breakfast but it sounded good and they have a small bar area with food. Would probably try another hotel just because I got zero sleep because of all the noise

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ginka P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay due to the noise. I would love you to give us another chance. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It will be my pleasure to select a room I know you will enjoy.
Mendon, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stay here especially if you want to be near the airport. It is up-to-date and clean. The service is great, the staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a 24 hour shuttle service that is great. I stayed in a king room that had plenty of easily accessible outlets, a large desk with a roll out computer desk, and adequate lighting. Bathroom is large with a large vanity area and clean thick towels. There is a frig, coffee pot, but no microwave. NO safe in the room for valuables. I have stayed at a lot of Best Westerns and this is one of the better ones. And Starbucks is next door!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your time and your nice comments! It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel. Comeback soon.
Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nice room, clean and comfortable and nice breakfast.. The computer for printing out airline boarding passes printed the pass on a reduced scale that was unacceptable to TSA. My second try at printout yielded the same printout. I had to go to the airline kiosk to print out a full size boarding pass before I could get through security screening. Somebody should re-set the hotel computer to print a full size pass.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ginka P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your comments! The printer has been reset. We hope to see you back.