“Good for a stopover on a road trip”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Danville, California
“Good for a stopover on a road trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

We were on our way to Los Angeles and knew we had to spend a night in Fresno to break up our drive. We found a room at the Courtyard Fresno Airport on Priceline and it ended up being just fine for what we needed. Nothing spectacular, but good rooms, wireless internet, a good hot tub (the pool is NOT heated, though!), and decent location.

The front desk guys were very helpful, both when we wanted to switch to a room with a King bed (Priceline had us booked in a room with 2 doubles) and when we had a hard time unlocking our door. They were very patient, professional, and understanding. We didn't spend a ton of time at the hotel but it was a few miles from a bunch of restaurants in Clovis - we ate on Shaw Street, which is sort of Strip-mall Central but did the trick - and there is a Starbucks and Quizno's right next door. I thought that being right across the street from the airport would be an issue but this is not a busy airport and I heard no airplane noise whatsoever.

Overall, this was a good stop and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelsuperfreak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

I was put in charge of finding a hotel for our soccer team, 16 rooms, 30 people. I accidentally called the "wrong" Fresno Couryard Marriott, but it ended up being the best mistake I ever made. The Airport location was quiet and easy to get to. I received a nice goodie bag upon check in. I was so impressed by the staff, their dedication to customer service. Hannah, the group res. gem, was extremely helpful with extra details...printing out directions to sports complex and setting up a post game dinner for our team. David, front desk, was friendly and accomodating, brought in a t.v. to show the game video in our meeting room. Lisa, food service, took care of our team during dinner and breakfast, even provided us with snacks to take inbetween games. Our team highly recommends this hotel and if we ever have another Fresno tournament, we will be back again at the Fresno Airport Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed February 2009
1 Thank brisfam
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2008

Stayed in Fresno for business in October. The hotel is very close to the airport and there is ample parking. While there are no restaurants nearby, there is a Quizno's and a Starbucks that share the parking lot. Also, the hotel serves dinner in the Lobby in the evening.
The facility is nice and the front desk is nice and helpful. The Fitness center is small, but has free weights, two treadmills and ellipticals. Nothing extravagant, but definitely functional.
The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean and well-appointed.
The only issue I had with the hotel was that I could hear doors opening and closing all night. Even with the A/C fan on, I could still hear the doors. I was on the 3rd floor and perhaps my room was particulary susceptible to the noise, but it was definitely a nuisance.

• Liked — Location, service, friendly front desk
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Atman S
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2008

My wife and I stayed here one night, before leaving the next morning for Yosemite. Our room had a very comfortable bed + pillows, and we slept soundly.
Though the breakfast cost was included in our directly-negotiated room price, we noticed that the breakfast buffet was only $9.50 or so per person (cheap by Boston standards) . Therefore, those who book rooms via the Marriott website should make sure they don't overpay upfront for the privilege of having a warm breakfast the next morning.
The breakfast quality was good, and the dining room staff was very polite and efficient. It was a great 1 day stay overall.

• Liked — Practically walking distance from airport
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Orland Park, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2008

My wife and I stayed for one night Aug 14th before heading to Yosemite the next morning. I booked the room using Marriott reward points.

When we got to baggage claim, I used the airport phone and called for a ride. The ride was there within 5 minutes. Actually the ride lasted 5 minutes. This hotel is very close to the airport, but we never heard any plane noise. Check in was a breeze, and everyone was very nice. There was a platter of cookies on the counter by check in.

Our room had a king bed, a desk, and a pull out sofa. There was a granite vanity top in the bathroom. The carpet was extremely clean, and the walls were in excellent condition. The control for the a/c was on the wall, and I accidentally turned the fan on but the a/c off. The room was a little warm in the morning, obviously, but it was my own fault.

The drain in the bathtub was slow, and the internet in the room did not work using the cable in the room. There were a lot of people with laptops down stairs by the lobby, so I assume the wireless there was working.

They have a Courtyard Cafe which is open for dinner Mo-Th from 6-9pm. They also have a pantry around the corner from the front desk. It is basically a big refrigerator case with all kinds of food and drinks. There was no bar to buy a drink from, so I ordered one from a table at the restaurant, but there were many kinds of beer in the pantry for sale.

Check out the next morning went smoothly. The platter of cookies was gone but there was a bowl of fruit. We asked for a ride back to the airport, so we could get our rental car. We had to wait 10 minutes, but not a big deal.

There is really nothing around this hotel, except a Quiznos in the parking lot next door. I was really pleased with how quiet and clean this airport hotel was. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edboogie
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

This is the second time I received a room at the Courtyard Airport in Fresno through Priceline.

This hotel is my preferred place to stay in Fresno even though it is a short drive to downtown. I like the parking situation and had no problem not being right downtown.

My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The only problem I encountered was that right before I stepped into the shower I realized there was no wash cloth. I took a shower sans the cloth which was no big deal.

The next morning I advised the desk clerk while checking out that there were none in the room so I would not be charged for taking them. He apologized and gave me a coupon for a free continental breakfast and stated," we want all are guests to be completely satisfied." I thought that this was a very nice gesture and I certainly will return to this hotel in the future.

• Liked — Parking convenience, cleanliness, comfort
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank nsgw
Dave0026
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

I called the sales office to block a group of rooms. The Sales manager was awesome! She gave us a great rate and was very accommodating. When we arrived, the front desk staff was very friendly and had all our rooms ready. They even blocked us on the same floor. When I checked into my room, I had a welcome gift from the Sales manager thanking our team for staying with them. We had a wonderful time and will defiantly be back!!

• Liked — The staff, breakfast, the pool and clean rooms!!
  • Stayed June 2008