“Awesome”

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was worried because it was not rated higher. But once I got in the room, it was larger than I expected. It was a very clean updated room. The general manager was very pleasant. Great breakfast. The pool was clean. I will visit again.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I had been planning a fall colors trip to Yosemite for a couple of months. Of course the government shutdown created some scheduling issues, but our plan was head to Fresno after work last Friday, spend the night there, spend all day in the park, a night at the Lodge at the Falls, and all day Sunday in the park before heading back to Los Angeles. I'd like to say I had a restful night's sleep in this hotel, but there were issues. The room was not adequately cleaned. Some of the veneer on the furniture had separated (snagged my shirt on the dresser). And, the bed's mattress was lumpy and uneven. Also, there was no remote control for the television. The front desk clerk found a remote in an unoccupied room, so that problem was addressed. Had we not gotten in so late (checked in at 1:30AM), we would have complained and asked to be moved. We were just too exhausted and had to get up early to make our day in Yosemite. Still, even if they had found us a better room, travelers should know that rooms like this exist at this property. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Room Tip: Do not take the first room adjacent to the lobby. Not only is it noisy, but, apparently, it's no...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CSGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear William M,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review. On behalf of our whole staff I would like to apologize for you experience. I understand that when you had a long day you dont want to have to go through any inconvenience. I hope you give us another oppurtunity to make it better the next time you are in Fresno.

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I would highly recommend you stay here as it is away from the noise of downtown. I needed a hotel for one night and need something that was not too expensive. This hotel met the criteria and the staff was super friendly. After 4 hours of driving and a long meeting in the morning it was nice to have a friendly staff that was welcoming.

Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Staff was amazing and knowledgable. Mgr, Mahesh Patel seemed to work 24/7, predicted every need and gave individual attention. The mgr 2 hour greeting was a great surprise after a wonderful day at the Sequoias. The breakfast was huge and enjoyable. Can't say enough about the competency and knowledge of the staff. There was not a question that the mgr. could not answer. Highly recommend to anyone. Rooms were spotless as well as the lobby. Great night sleep and quiet.

Room Tip: Restaurants walkable or close. Mgr & staff had answers to all questions. We were on 3rd floor bu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in! We travel extensively for BMX competitions and typically stay at Holiday Inn. I had never stayed at this hotel chain, but stayed here to be close to friends. I called and requested an early check in and Mahesh honored my request. I was greeted and checked in by Mahesh, the GM. I found this odd, never do you see the GM at the front desk! I cannot say enough good things about this guy! Our room was exceptionally clean, well stocked, and oversized. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Breakfast was superb and stocked!! There was a nightly manager's reception that Mahesh hosted and personally poured. Mahesh interacted with the guests, and was so personable. Mahesh even kept track of how the kids did in their races. All the guests I had interaction with seemed like an extended family because of Mahesh. The staff was awesome. Again, I have never stayed in such a hospitable hotel and was so pleased with my stay! I will definitely stay here again next year! Highly recommend this hotel. Thanks again, the Valerio's

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CSGM, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Mr.& Mrs Valerio,

Thank you so much for writing such a great review! After reading "Best Hotel Ever" it only makes us work harder to get better. I'm glad you enjoyed the Manager's Reception. I enjoyed it myself. Met a lot of wonderful people that weekend. I was impressed to see the kids at such a young age being very polite. You can see the competitive nature but professional about it. I guess the credit goes to the parents! We at the Comfort Suites Fresno River Park wish you the best in life. Please keep us in mind the next time you are plan on coming to Fresno.

Warmest Regards,

Atwater, CA
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the property in the late spring when they were painting it and "sprucing" it up. I just stayed there on October 16, 2013 and they are still making improvements. The new carpeting for the hallways has arrived and awaiting installation. The entire flooring in the lobby area has been changed to a tile that looks like wood flooring.

They have changed the window coverings in the guest rooms to Plantation Shutters; I do not recall ever seeing shutters like this in ANY hotel where I have stayed; a really nice touch. Shutters can be adjusted to the proper light and privacy like no curtain can be adjusted.

While I had to work in the evening and was not able to partake of the Manager's Reception, but that is a nice addition to this wonderful property. The next morning I enjoyed the excellent breakfast, including waffles, juice, coffee, and other selections. Rather than paper plates and plasticware, the have REAL plates and silverware. I can't remember the last time I have seen this and I stay in hotels right around 60 nights a year.

I recommend this properly very higly.

Based on early reviews, people were pretty hard on this property. The new owners have made quantum leaps in the improvements in the past 18 or so months. Since I typically stay exclusively at Choice Hotel properties, Comfort Suites Fresno RiverPark is quickly becoming their "poster hotel" for absolute excellence.

If there was a Super Excellent rating, this property would get that rating from me!

Room Tip: I stayed in a room at the front. The only noise I heard (with windows closed) was a emergency vehic...
Dear JohnDeere Jim,

WOW!! Thank you for spending valuable time out of your life for writing a review. We have done a lot of work to our hotel. Its taken longer then we expected for unforeseen circumstances. The Reception in the evenings are great because I get to meet our guests. Thank you for being loyal at Choice Hotels. We wish you the best in life!! Hope to you see again when you come to Fresno.

san jose, ca
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have stayed here a few times and had mixed service, but it seems like they have new management. I got in and Manesh the General Mgr checked me in, he was extremely nice and even though seemed near the end of a long day he was very nice and friendly. This isn't always the case for less expensive hotels. The room was neat and clean and seemed like some renovations a have gone on.

Room Tip: ask for rooms that aren't facing the front of the hotel
Dear Louseuferer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time out for writing a review for our property. Management has changed. We are working very hard to provide the best service to our guests. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites Fresno River Park. Hope to see you again soon!!

Respectfully,