“A Very Pleasant Overnight stay”
Review of Comfort Inn Fresno

Comfort Inn Fresno
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Wales
“A Very Pleasant Overnight stay”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Check-in was friendly and efficient and the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We were a bit disappointed that it was right by the lift, as we thought the constant ‘dinging’ and clatter would be disturbing later on. The hotel was full, so although the lady on reception was sympathetic, there really wasn’t anything she could do. As it turned out, however, even though the hotel was full and so presumably there were people using the lifts, it was very quiet through the night and didn’t disturb us at all. Neither did the nearby highway. There’s an excellent range of restaurants just a couple of minutes drive away for dinner. Breakfast was good, with scrambled eggs and sausages on offer as well as the continental options. A really nice touch was the small packets of dried cranberries on the reception desk at checkout.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
smman, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Fresno, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
I would like to thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments. I am happy to hear your had a great night sleep even with the lift being so close to your room. Our hotel is built solid and with the guest restful nights in mind. We do our best with cleaniness and happy to hear it pays off. You make our jobs a joy and allows us continue encouraging one another to keep up the hard work. Please come again and have a wonderful 2011.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Wuustwezel, Belgium
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We arrived in this Comfort Inn on the trip from Yosemite NP to the coast. The man who checked us in, was extremly polite and very helpful. He showed us some places to eat, and gave coupons to several closeby restaurants. We had room 115, which was a room with amenities for disabled people. So lots of space in the room and bathroom, which were both modern and totally clean. Refrigirator and microwave also present. Lots of places to eat, and a few large supermarkets also a few blocks away. The outside pool is reasonable in size, and towels are provided. Breakfast had all standard things, no surprises here. Nothing bad to say about this place really.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review and comments. Breakfast is a good starter for the day but yes, a clean room is the lease we can provide our guest. I am please to hear you have experiance the wonderful central valley and its beuty. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel in 2008 while visiting family in Fresno. It was adequate but not great.
We were in town again in June 2011 and were trying to stay close to family and participate in the Choice Hotels summer reward program so we selected this hotel again.

I noticed it looked nicer when I entered the lobby. The general manager was at the desk to greet us. Victor was very nice, very professional. He asked what brought us to his hotel and we told him we preferred Comfort Inns and this one was close to the family. We mentioned we had been here in 2008. He told us they have started upgrading and making improvements to the hotel.

He said 12 rooms had been renovated so far, all new furnishings etc, flat screen TV's. I was glad to hear this and said, "I hope ours has a flat screen."

With that, Victor said, "just a minute. Let me check on that. I'm giving you an upgrade for being a loyal customer."

Our room had a king bed, a full couch and coffee table, an eating table/chairs, refrig/microwave, wetbar, coffee pot, and the flat screen TV! It was freshly painted and all furnishings were very nice compared to our previous stay.

The only criticism I have is that the coffee was not fresh in the morning at the start of breakfast (6:30 a.m.) Eventually, there was fresh coffee but it didn't get placed out until around 8 a.m. (I think that was a personnel issue, someone who doesn't understand coffee drinkers - eek, we lose our minds when the coffee isn't there!)

I think the GM would be disturbed if he knew that happened. He wasn't at the desk when we checked out so I hope he reads these! Otherwise, I was pleasantly surprised by out stay here this time and was very comfortable. (The AC was awesome and that is important when it is 104 degrees outside!)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank oldgeekswife
Thank you so very much for your stay!!! I am happy to hear you were greeted by the new GM. Victor is a great asset to our team and spearheading the upgrades on our property. I thank you for informing us about the coffee and it has been addressed. When coming in the morning at various times, the GM, our Regional Director of Operations and myself check on the freshness of the coffee. As a coffee drinker, I KNOW the importance of fresh and hot coffee. Please stop by anytime and enjoy the fruits of your comment. Thank you again for your business and hope to see you very soon.
Regional Director of Sales
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We have just returned home from a fabulous weekend staying at this hotel. We loved the hotel and had so much fun there this weekend! The breakfast was wonderful, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was exceptional.

Everything was so easy from check-in, room choice, and finally check-out. We really enjoyed staying at this property and would highly recommend it to anyone, from an individual to a large group. You definitly get the most bang for your $$$.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for a great review!!! We are happy to see our hard work is paying off. We enjoy providing a great product at a great rate. Please come back and enjoy the continued upgrades and service.
Regional Director of Sales
Norco, California
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Very polite employees. However, not a clean facility. Upon check-in we found two roaches in our room. One in the sink and one in bath tub. Then upon returning home we found one in our luggage. Luckily we located the one in our luggage before it decided to expend its family in my nice very clean home. I was very upset and would not recommend staying at this comfort inn. I'm sad to have to give a review this poor however, had someone gave a review like this one on the site I went to I would not have booked a room their. So should you decide to say their I would recommend shaking out all your things before checking out.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
smman, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Fresno, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Thank you for your comments and I do apologize you were not happy with your stay. On occasion, we have guest track in unusual things into a hotel and in this case, it appears someone brought in insects. We did take this issue very serious and took measures to inspect and correct the problem. We had pest control inspect our entire facility with no findings of any roaches. It may have been a one site one room incident and chose your suitcase as a method of transportation. I do apologize for the inconvenience but again thank you for your feedback. As you can see from many other guest’s reviews, we keep our hotel very clean and offer a great value at a great price with great service.
Mill City, Oregon
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This hotel is a great deal for the on-line price available when we stayed. Very clean, good sheets, great sleep. Staff was very professional.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
sacramento, ca
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My job requires me to be on the road at least once a month and Comfort inn Fresno is by far my choice to stay due to their location and all the necessities, such as high speed internet access and a treadmill to keep me from feeling guilty about overeating:) I appreciate the recent changes to their breakfast-Its actually a full breakfast now, with Eggs and waffles.
Staff is kind and helpful, but couple of the housekeepers are really wonderful-Always a smile on their face and overly gracius with their attitude.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business