“Great Hotel for the Price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Fresno

Comfort Inn Fresno
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Florida
“Great Hotel for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed here during August 2011. I requested a room away from the elevator and away from the streetside. My request was honored, and I recieved a terrific nights rest. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was also very good. I was very satisfied with my stay at the Comfort Inn in Fresno. The hotel is closely located to many restaurants and near the Interstate. I definitely recommend this hotel and will be back again myself.

Room Tip: Very quiet and clean rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Hot-n-Miami
smman, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Fresno, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. We do our best to provide excellent service and fullfill every request our guest have. I would like to thank you for staying with and we hope to see you very soon.
Andrew Alvarez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Midwest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed here on Aug 5 for about $85. Hotel was clean inside and out. Pool area was nice, but closed by 9 or 10. Front desk employees were friendly too. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Shaw Street in front of hotel can be a bit loud at times and room A/C controls need a fan mode to provide light noise, but not a real big deal. What ruined our stay was the rudeness and laziness of breakfast workers. I checked at 9:05 and there were next to no eggs, sausage, etc. I figured I'd come back in ten minutes to see if they put out some food. At 9:20 there was still no food or waffle mix put out. At 9:25 I asked the ladies in kitchen if they could get food out. She said, "It is 9:30. Breakfast is closed." I told her there had been no food for the last 15 minutes but she did not respond. Wife tried getting a yogurt and the lady rushed to the fridge and locked it b4 she could open it! We left hungry as did at least 4 other guests that I saw. We checked out and stayed at Best Western Plus down the road on Shaw Ave. We highly recommend them instead of Comfort Inn, and they are in a nicer neighborhood and not directly on Shaw Ave.

Room Tip: Booked the room on comfortinn.com.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for staying with us while in Fresno, CA. I do apologize for our breakfast attendant not extending excellent service. This is very unusual for our attendant but I assure you, we have looked into the concern, addressed it and this will not happen in the future. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again.
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Check-in was friendly and efficient and the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We were a bit disappointed that it was right by the lift, as we thought the constant ‘dinging’ and clatter would be disturbing later on. The hotel was full, so although the lady on reception was sympathetic, there really wasn’t anything she could do. As it turned out, however, even though the hotel was full and so presumably there were people using the lifts, it was very quiet through the night and didn’t disturb us at all. Neither did the nearby highway. There’s an excellent range of restaurants just a couple of minutes drive away for dinner. Breakfast was good, with scrambled eggs and sausages on offer as well as the continental options. A really nice touch was the small packets of dried cranberries on the reception desk at checkout.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments. I am happy to hear your had a great night sleep even with the lift being so close to your room. Our hotel is built solid and with the guest restful nights in mind. We do our best with cleaniness and happy to hear it pays off. You make our jobs a joy and allows us continue encouraging one another to keep up the hard work. Please come again and have a wonderful 2011.
Wuustwezel, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We arrived in this Comfort Inn on the trip from Yosemite NP to the coast. The man who checked us in, was extremly polite and very helpful. He showed us some places to eat, and gave coupons to several closeby restaurants. We had room 115, which was a room with amenities for disabled people. So lots of space in the room and bathroom, which were both modern and totally clean. Refrigirator and microwave also present. Lots of places to eat, and a few large supermarkets also a few blocks away. The outside pool is reasonable in size, and towels are provided. Breakfast had all standard things, no surprises here. Nothing bad to say about this place really.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review and comments. Breakfast is a good starter for the day but yes, a clean room is the lease we can provide our guest. I am please to hear you have experiance the wonderful central valley and its beuty. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Chino Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel in 2008 while visiting family in Fresno. It was adequate but not great.
We were in town again in June 2011 and were trying to stay close to family and participate in the Choice Hotels summer reward program so we selected this hotel again.

I noticed it looked nicer when I entered the lobby. The general manager was at the desk to greet us. Victor was very nice, very professional. He asked what brought us to his hotel and we told him we preferred Comfort Inns and this one was close to the family. We mentioned we had been here in 2008. He told us they have started upgrading and making improvements to the hotel.

He said 12 rooms had been renovated so far, all new furnishings etc, flat screen TV's. I was glad to hear this and said, "I hope ours has a flat screen."

With that, Victor said, "just a minute. Let me check on that. I'm giving you an upgrade for being a loyal customer."

Our room had a king bed, a full couch and coffee table, an eating table/chairs, refrig/microwave, wetbar, coffee pot, and the flat screen TV! It was freshly painted and all furnishings were very nice compared to our previous stay.

The only criticism I have is that the coffee was not fresh in the morning at the start of breakfast (6:30 a.m.) Eventually, there was fresh coffee but it didn't get placed out until around 8 a.m. (I think that was a personnel issue, someone who doesn't understand coffee drinkers - eek, we lose our minds when the coffee isn't there!)

I think the GM would be disturbed if he knew that happened. He wasn't at the desk when we checked out so I hope he reads these! Otherwise, I was pleasantly surprised by out stay here this time and was very comfortable. (The AC was awesome and that is important when it is 104 degrees outside!)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank oldgeekswife
Thank you so very much for your stay!!! I am happy to hear you were greeted by the new GM. Victor is a great asset to our team and spearheading the upgrades on our property. I thank you for informing us about the coffee and it has been addressed. When coming in the morning at various times, the GM, our Regional Director of Operations and myself check on the freshness of the coffee. As a coffee drinker, I KNOW the importance of fresh and hot coffee. Please stop by anytime and enjoy the fruits of your comment. Thank you again for your business and hope to see you very soon.
Regional Director of Sales
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

We have just returned home from a fabulous weekend staying at this hotel. We loved the hotel and had so much fun there this weekend! The breakfast was wonderful, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was exceptional.

Everything was so easy from check-in, room choice, and finally check-out. We really enjoyed staying at this property and would highly recommend it to anyone, from an individual to a large group. You definitly get the most bang for your $$$.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for a great review!!! We are happy to see our hard work is paying off. We enjoy providing a great product at a great rate. Please come back and enjoy the continued upgrades and service.
Regional Director of Sales
Norco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Very polite employees. However, not a clean facility. Upon check-in we found two roaches in our room. One in the sink and one in bath tub. Then upon returning home we found one in our luggage. Luckily we located the one in our luggage before it decided to expend its family in my nice very clean home. I was very upset and would not recommend staying at this comfort inn. I'm sad to have to give a review this poor however, had someone gave a review like this one on the site I went to I would not have booked a room their. So should you decide to say their I would recommend shaking out all your things before checking out.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
smman, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Fresno, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Thank you for your comments and I do apologize you were not happy with your stay. On occasion, we have guest track in unusual things into a hotel and in this case, it appears someone brought in insects. We did take this issue very serious and took measures to inspect and correct the problem. We had pest control inspect our entire facility with no findings of any roaches. It may have been a one site one room incident and chose your suitcase as a method of transportation. I do apologize for the inconvenience but again thank you for your feedback. As you can see from many other guest’s reviews, we keep our hotel very clean and offer a great value at a great price with great service.