“Good pitstop for Sequoia and King's Canyon”

Piccadilly Inn Airport
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Monterey, California
“Good pitstop for Sequoia and King's Canyon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Good location to stay if you decide to stay for the night prior to driving to Sequoia and King's Canyon the next day. Big rooms with plenty of good food within 5 mins driving distance.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Issaquah, WA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Our room was great and had a slider out to the gardens and pool area. This place is very reasonable. The front desk person was very nice. You could get things from the front desk, but when you asked them to bring you things to your room you never got them e.g. a luggage rack. The manager even showed us where to park where he felt it would be nice and safe for our motorcycles. Restaurant on the grounds was good for dinner and another one for breakfast was fine too. A VERY REASONABLE PLACE TO STAY! We had tried to get accommodations outside of Sequoia National Park and they were expensive, dirty, musty and terrible. This place was heaven when we found it!

Room Tip: Get a room on the pool side with sliders to the gardens.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

My family had to stay here to attend my Uncle's funeral. Owing to car troubles on the way to the hotel, we only arrived at 12:30am. We had called to tell them we were running late and they assured us it would be fine to check in later.
Upon arrival, they couldn't "locate" one of our reservations, which was a room that was meant to sleep 3 people. Reception staff very unhelpful, we needed to wake up early the next morning for the memorial and I ended up sleeping for 30 mins on the chair whilst my family dealt with the problem (I might add that I'm pregnant and had travelled for 18hrs from London already)
Staff had no idea what they were doing and seemed to have no desire to help us resolve what shouldn't have been issues at all!
I'm grateful to those who sponsored our stay in Fresno, however, I would never recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Picairgm95, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
The guest was approached by management on several different occasions to address issues that were pressing. The difference in the reservations 3 as opposed to 4 wasnot explainable other than the guest had simply only made 3 and not 4 as they had thought. The guest only had three confirmations and no evidence of a 4th reservation existed. The hotel manager eventuallly made two night stays for one room complimentry to help sooth the guest. There was a substantial effort made to appease the guest and to attempt to identify what issues were at the heart of their complaints.
Cali.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

We where there for a conference for two days. The hotel which provided a lunch buffet for the attendees. On the evening of the second day I had to spend the night in the bathtub with violent V&D from the Food Poisoning. (We think it was from the pink cheesecake.) Had planned to leave the next day but could not make it to the car to get out of there without an accident. Spent an extra night (and paid for it). Then on checkout they said "oh well" and tried to charge us a higher than quoted rate.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Portland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

Stayed here with co-workers and was very pleased with the rooms and hotel. Service in the bar was slow, we never did receive a bill, and just left our cash on the table. When we were leaving he says, 'oh are you done'. But the cleanliness way makes up for the service. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Jtravelerss
Pune
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

Very comfortable and nice. Main advantage is that it is at stone throwing distance from Fresno airport.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RANGANDHAR
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

Where do I begin? The hotel staff LOST my reservation paperwork from my company, so they forced me to use my personal credit card to check into my room (at 12:30AM, I might add); even after my company sent them the paperwork AGAIN the next morning they refused to release the hold on my card and did not offer ANYTHING in the way of restitution for all the inconvenience this caused.

The food was absolutely terrible- our ridiculously high priced dinner was swimming in grease, my wife sent back her garden salad because it was filled with ROTTEN lettuce and she got food poisoning from their pathetic excuse for a "breakfast".

The staff was inattentive and not helpful with any of our issues, the hotel itself is old and not in as good repair as one would hope, the exercise room could double as a broom closet and as far as cheapness goes, this "hotel" is the worst I have ever seen. There's no complimentary ANYTHING here- oh, except for inconvenience, of course.

Last but certainly not least, the hotel's location on Google Maps (which is run by the hotel manager/owner) is INCORRECT- we spent 3 hours driving through the worst parts of the city because the directions were all based on the wrong starting location!

BOTTOM LINE: My wife and I wouldn't stay here again if we were PAID to.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business