“It's OK”

Piccadilly Inn Airport
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday evening after attending a wedding in Fresno. Long line at the front desk for check-in. One person working, and she was juggling a lot, all at the same time. I really admired her calm demeanor, but it would have been a better experience for those of us standing in line if she had had some help. After waiting too long, check-in process was quick and easy. We had a pool view room on the ground floor, so access was very easy. The room itself was a little outdated, but generally clean. The only cleaning criticism I really have is that the a/c vent was covered with dust - I don't think it's been vacuumed in months. Bathroom was clean, and the TV worked fine. The noise from other rooms was a little excessive at times, especially from the room above us, but we learned to ignore it. The hotel was ok, as I said in the title.

Room Tip: First floor, pool rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 June 2013

There's not a lot to recommend this hotel other than convenience to the airport. Public areas and guest rooms are worn (although clean) and in serious need of refurbishing. There is no guest elevator, so if you are carrying (lugging) a suitcase or are mobility-impaired, you'd better hope for a first-floor room with no one above you. As others have noted, you can forget the Internet - it is unbelievably slow, so if you need access, you'd definitely better stay somewhere else. It may be that business in general is slow in Fresno, but at the Piccadilly, it was essentially non-existent - the bar even closes between 2:00 and 5:00 PM, the restaurant was eerily empty, and there were almost no cars in the parking lot on a Monday night. It is literally about three minutes from hotel to airport terminal - sad that a place with so much potential misses the mark so widely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

The Piccadilly Inn Airport has recently been purchased and changes in the internet, rooms, televisions, and service are being addressed. We continue to focus on developing our staff and making ongoing improvements as our commitment to improve our guest's experience. We appreciate your response and would love to have you as our guest again. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I usually stay at one of the Carlson chain hotel first time since it was close to the airport and I was flying out early. Poor guest service looks nice on the outside and lobby area but rooms are not tastefully decorated. Front staff are not welcoming like other places I stay. I've been in Fresno 8 times already this year and first time and last at that hotel even though its close to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your valued response.
The Piccadilly Inn Airport has been proudly serving guests for over 3 decades. Recently the hotel has been acquired by new ownership that recognizes the need to improve our guest's experience and has made a sincere commitment to not only meet, but exceed our guest’s expectations. We will continue to strive to improve the quality of our service and services moving forward.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Previous review of "internet is as fast as a glacier" eloquently and accurately describes internet speed. They might as well advertise "no internet" on their website. Right across the street from the airport though so it's very convenient for flying in and out of FAT. Although again, that is of little use if you can't even check in for your flight with their snail-like internet speeds. Older hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for your courteous response. The Piccadilly Inn Airport has served it's guest's for over 30 years. Recently, the hotel was purchased and we have recognized the need to improve our guest's experience including our complimentary WiFi service. I am happy to say that we currently have a crew on sight wiring the hotel for new improve service because we understand the need for our guest's to be effectively connected. We will continue to improve our hotel to meet the expectations of our valued guests.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I hadn't been to Fresno since I was a child, and had no point of reference in choosing a place to stay other than proximity to the event we were attending. I could not be happier with my choice.

The rooms are clean and well kept. The staff courteous, friendly and helpful. We had dinner at the hotel our first night -- the food was excellent, the waiter attentive without being intrusive.

The only downside to my stay was the bed, and that was more me than the hotel. I have a memory foam mattress at home, and I'm no longer comfortable on a box spring, which is the standard in most hotels. I have the same problem whenever I travel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your courteous response. The Piccadilly Inn Airport has served it's guest's for over 30 years. Recently, the hotel was purchased and considerable improvements have been taking place to improve the quality of our guest's experience. New mattresses have been arriving and are currently being installed along with new flat screen televisions. The hotel staff is striving to enhance our guest's stay with help of ongoing training and new systems. We welcome our guest's feedback and continue to work to improve your home away from home.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

After some problems, the front desk staff were able to 'make good', which was very much appreciated. Most hotels are only sympathetic and do nothing when an issue occurs besides saying that they are sorry.

The first room we were given was already occupied: EEK! The gentleman said he was still waiting to be given a room with two beds. The second room had a bad air conditioner that we discovered after an hour of 79 degree temperature.

Maintenance quickly replaced the thermostat, but there was no improvement after another hour of watching fuzzy TV. (I didn't complain about the TV since I thought it was the usual cable gremlins, but discovered the next room was fine).

The front desk called maintenance, but after 15 minutes they were not available. At this point they offered to move us to a suite and comped breakfast. I was hot in many ways and this offer was much appreciated.

The suite was 80 degrees as well. I guess the policy is not to have rooms in 'ready' condition for guest but to save electricity. At least after 45 minutes the A/C took affect.

All through the hotel the wi-fi was practically unusable. It took 3+ minutes to fill most screens and you can forget watching any cat video's. Just catching up on e-mail took over a half an hour. Trying to find a good place to eat in the area on tripadvisor was frustrating.

To the good, the three rooms were all clean and comfortable. They had more space than usual and had sinks both in the bathroom and dressing area, which is very much appreciated by my wife.

The decor is dated, but not worn. I agree with another reviewer describing it as stepping into and episode from 'Mad Men'. Not a bad thing, but not the 'W'.

The refrigerators, noise from other rooms, outside noise and the airport roar was minimal.

The towels were very thick and fluffy.

This hotel appears to be the closest to the airport, so that is convenient and I heard there was a shuttle available.

Since there are no neighboring places to eat you’ll either have to drive or visit the hotels restaurant. It has a small breakfast menu and a higher end lunch and dinner menu. We had an excellent breakfast there. Our omelets had very fresh ingredients and the service was very fast and friendly.

Room Tip: Inside rooms face the pool and garden. The outside face the road or airport.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful response. The hotel has recently been purchased by a very dedicated hotel team. We are in the process of making many improvements and the performance of our guest internet is a high priority since so many of our travelers depend on the ability to connect to their world. New service will begin soon along with many other needed upgrades that will certainly surpass our existing service. We hope to see you soon and welcome your feedback.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I needed to go to Fresno for a few days for business at which time I stayed at the Piccadilly Inn by the Airport. It was larger than expected clean with a decent cafe for breakfast. The staff in the cafe was nice staff the front desk was also very friendly. Overall good experience although I did not like the location it was not a good area to walk around. The property could also use an update on decor. Overall a positive experince for my work week.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your response. The Piccadilly Inn Airport was recently purchased and our new ownership has recognized the need to improve our guest's experience. We are currently updating our rooms with new 37" flat panel televisions and new mattresses. New high speed internet and television channels will arrive in the very near future as we have agreed to new service. Our team will work tirelessly to improve the experiences our guest's have come to expect. We hope you make Piccadilly Inn Airport your home away from home when you visit in the future.