“Worst hotel experience”

Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
La Habra, California
“Worst hotel experience”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this hotel through Expedia last minute hotel since we were going to be coming in late and needed a place to sleep before continuing on to the Yosemite area. It was supposed to be a 3 star hotel and we did not know what hotel we were going to get. 1. The "non-smoking" room smelled like smoke. 2. any time anyone inside our room, the next room, the hall walked by the wardrobe shook and woke us up. 3. the walls are paper thin and people were coming in at all hours of the night so we got no sleep. 4. the floors were so filthy, I didn't even want my poor toddler on the floor and she had just tolerated a 6 hour car ride and needed to stretch and run around. 5. their supposed "complimentary breakfast" does not apply unless you book directly through the hotel but it is not listed anywhere so we got stuck paying $6 for a cup of coffee a instant oatmeal. I have never experience such poor customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello Jessica, I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience during your recent visit with our hotel. I will certainly address your review with our operation managers. From time to time when our hotel is full we have noise issues with some of our guests as do most hotels. We have security on site to address guests who are disruptive or loud as soon as their reported to the desk. We aggressively inspect and grade after each of our housekeepers on with a detailed room inspection list every day to insure the room is clean for our guests, this includes the carpet. I will review the reports associated with the room from your recent stay. As a Full Service Hotel we do not offer complimentary breakfast unless it is mentioned in a particular package. We proudly serve Starbucks and the highest quality products in the industry and our restaurants have a very loyal customer base. I hope you would give us an opportunity to provide you with a future stay in order for us to meet your expectations. Thank you for your thoughtful review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

i had to leave a review of my most favorite hotel to stay in Fresno

where do i begin...

lets start with the staff. the staff here are very friendly, helpful and thorough... they are very patient people who seem to take pride and ethic in their customer service.

the rooms are very spacious, nice and clean. if there is ever anything you may need, ask Ashley or one of the many other staff that are more than willing to help you!

the restaurants inside are amazing for the upbeat or tired traveler. not only are they conveniently placed, the food they serve is simply delicious! the best part is they give you an appetizer voucher to get you started.

all in all, this is a good place for everyone. family, businesses or the solo individual

Room Tip: for a better view ask for an upstairs poolside view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here off and on for the last 10 weeks for business. The accommodations are comfortable and roomy. My stay come with free breakfast and it's very good. To have to get only scrambled eggs but other than that... It's great! Service is fantastic. Candice who serves me almost every morning is absolutely amazing. She sees me and knows exactly what I want and has it at my table in seconds. She is very friendly and has a great attitude. I appreciate people like that. The front desk staff has always been wonderful as well. Anything I ask, they do their best to help. I recommend staying here if your in the area. Nothing but good things to say...

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hampshire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

No airport noise. Clean rooms, but dust under beds. Basic but functional in most regards. Wifi a little confusing and clunky, but worked reasonable after a couple of reboots by helpful night desk staff.
Breakfast barely adequate and no re-stock of self service without prompting.
Pool typical roadside feature - unattractive.
Double beds are really only fit as singles, but 2 in the room so ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Booked 2 rooms for 8 people using Expedia. I was expecting 2 rooms with 2 queen beds. Hotel told me they can only give room with one king bed. Hotel web site clearly says max occupancy for one king bed is 3 people. Then why did they book my reservation. They are not giving us a room with 2 queen.

This is the first time I used Expedia Unpublished Rate Hotel and am not going use it again.

I tried calling Expedia but they were not very helpful and disconnected my call when I asked to transfer to a manager.

I will get my money back via my credit card but this is a very bad service from Expedia and this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello, I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience booking a room at our hotel. Unpublished bookings (Called Opaque Reservations) receive only available room inventory and do not allow guests to choose room details. I will look in to your reservation and discuss the details with our Expedia manager and find out why there was issue with your booking especially since you expected to sleep 8 people and it was not accounted for in the process. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and would love to have you as our guest on your next visit.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my first time here and I LOVED the place.. The prices are very reasonable and the rooms are nice and the the staff are wonderfull and very helpful!! Especially a young lady name Charlotte, I was lost but she was a big help!! I would recommend staying there and I can't wait to come back again!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I frequent the hotel at least once per month. The staff is great; Candice, The new guy, Tom, Brian, & James. Excellent service and the food is always great! I have been visiting the hotel for a year now. I had one bad experience with staff, but after speaking directly to the Manager, Stephanie, the issue was quickly resolved. Also, the free shuttle service which is included into the price of the room along with Vouchers for Breakfast and appetizers in the Bar are an added bonus. The breakfast is fresh, hot and tasty! Starbucks coffee & Tazo Teas are another added benefit~

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms can help with the noise and stay away from rooms near exits due to noise control.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo